Favourite Wise sayings to Live your life by!

i like sayings that rhyme or balance, prob cause i remember them easier, share yours!
Also there are some that seem to me to be bollocks. Heres some examples.

Recognise the idiot by the way he laughs (poznaj głupiego po śmiechu jego) Polish
Sir Money is a powerful gentleman (es poderoso callabero don dinero) Spanish
Now riding on the waggon, now under it (Raz na wozie, Raz pod wozem) Polish
Words are wise man’s counters, but the money of fools - English

I think the following are bull:

The bigger they are the harder they fall
The truth will out

… or are they?

Don’t waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.
and
When the sage points at the moon, the fool sees only the finger.
have both saved me lots of wasted energy.

Big fan of:

Not my circus, not my monkeys. I repeat it to myself often as I try to learn to not give a shit what others do unless it is my direct personal responsibility.

and

What other people think of you is none of your business. Really working on this one.

Those were awesome!

They conjure vivid pictures, the monkeycircus and the moonpointing.

We have a deaf dog that doesnt understand when youre pointing to the ball he didnt catch which he can barely see. He looks at my finger, or he just randomly goes looking. Youd think after so many times hed get it…

“The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn’t perform in the circus!”

“It is in all of us to exceed expectations, to go into the world and be brave, and to want, and need, and hunger for adventures, to embrace change and chance and risk, so that we may breath and know, what it is, to be free.” Mae Chevrette

“We are here to laugh at the odds. And live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.” Charles Bukowski

"Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’, and the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm!’

“A storm was coming, but that’s not what I smelled. It was adventure on the wind, and it shivered down my spine.” Atticus

“I will find my way to the very edges of this world. I will follow the rain and sing along to the sound of storms. I will find my way to the pieces of this universe tucked away in the dustiest corners of the earth. Until my blood returns to the ocean. Until I am the air in the lungs of the brave. Until I am the dust of all that is free.” Mia Hollow

“Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world, and whispered, where does it hurt? It answered everywhere, everywhere, everywhere.” Warsaw Shire

(I adore these threads!)

Its better to destroy the world than let it destroy you

Cao Cao

It is better to be s warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war

Find every loophole.

**“This too shall pass.” **- Persian

"Though my soul may set it in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
- Sarah Williams

"Demanding that another earns your respect is, in itself, an act of arrogance, a way of self-elevation, implying in its very nature that your respect is worth earning." - Drizzt Do’Urden in “The Halfling’s Gem” by RA Salvatore.

“Anyone can love a thing because. But to love a thing despite. To know their flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”** Kvothe in “The Wise Man’s Fear” by Patrick Rothfuss

Forgot this one:

• Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve the silence?
    -Sai Baba*

like both

“Everybody wants to go to Heaven but no one wants to die.” sums up a good portion of the human world view.

“If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they’re gone.” ~~Jack Handey

Trust is the first step on the road to betrayal.

“You don’t know your partner for 7 years.”

“You have your health, you have everything.”

“What are other people thinking about you? Nothing, they are wondering what you are thinking about them!”

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still likes you.”

“In theory, there’s no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is”.

My favorite, by Diderot: “Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled in the entrails of the last priest.”

I subscribe to these:

“If you don’t paint it the first time you never paint it the second time.”
“There’s always time to do it right the second time.”
“Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.”

And sometimes during my employment I felt this was accurate:

“You screw up just this much and you’ll be flying a cargo plane full of
rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!”

when you’re impatient, but have no choice but to wait for things to move at their own pace, just remember:
“Nine women can’t make a baby in one month”.

“It is better to be a flamboyant failure than any kind of benign success” ~ Malcolm McLaren