Fawlty Towers was robbed!

Looks at list Red Dwarf was only number 18?! Thats way better then Oly Fools and Horses

Anyone else notice that all top 10 were BBC comedies?

Only three of the top 50 were ITV comedies.

OFaH is good but clearly oustayed it’s welcome, it should never have won but it has been put on a pedestal over the last few years. David ’ I bathe in balsamic vinegar’ Dickenson was atrociously dull and repetitive.

I disagree about Johnny Vaughn though, I thought him and Jack Dee were the only ones that really cared about their sit-coms.

Would have liked to see Blackadder win and Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, Steptoe and Porridge making a better show of themselves.

The Vicar of Dibley should not have made the top 20, Absolutely Fabulous kicks it out of the ball-park on so many levels.

Wish the young Ones did better but let’s face it it was nowhere nearly as funny as Filthy, Rich and Catflap and that failed to get a mention at all.

“I didn’t get where I am today without knowing that The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin should poll higher than 35th place.”

Huh? I thought Silly Walk was a Python one. Or do you just mean that John Cleese does that silly walk thing that he does? :confused:

My vote went to Yes, Minister/Prime Minister.

I think Blackadder second, Black Books third, Towers fourth, Spaced fifth, don’t care after that.

Vicar of Dibley does not count because it just not funny at all.

Oh by the way, Father Ted is a bit controversial as an English sitcom. It recorded in England except the outside bits which were recorded near where I’m typing from (claim to fame: apparently the bit where Ted, Dougal and some other priest get lost in the ladies’ underwear section was filmed where I do my day-to-day shopping: the glamour of it all!), but written and acted by Irish people. I don’t count it as English, if I did it would be in my list for sure, third after Blackadder probably.

I caught the end of the show, saw the result, and felt definitely let down … which might not be fair, really. Only Fools and Horses, at its best, is a very good show … it just suffers because it’s been flogged to death over the past few years.

However, even at its best, it’s not as good as either Fawlty Towers (which should have won) or Blackadder.

And Vicar of Dibley shouldn’t have got a look-in. There are worse shows around, to be sure, but there are very many better.