Feds 'black-bagging people' in Portland

ID themselves to who? The people they are putting into unmarked SUVs?

I read that they’re blindfolding people in the vehicles. It’s absolutely terrifying, which I expect is the intention.

Try to keep up. In DC those were BoP riot police.

They arent in Portland.

In Portland there are a hodgepodge of several Federal LEO agencies. Not BoP.

If a Federal Agent detains or questions anyone, they have to announce themselves as a Federal Agent or agency name, such as “FBI”. Remember, I was a Treasury agent, this was drummed into us. Whenever we talked to anyone in a official function, out came our Commissions, which had our picture and name. NCIS gets this right: “NCIS” show the badge/commission. There are exceptions for undercover officers, of course, but they are not arresting anyone.

Sure they do. That is why you can hear those camouflaged guys telling the guy they put into the SUV that they were Federal Agents. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Now THAT is the clearest Constitutional violation I’ve seen so far. Blindfolding someone is inhibiting their freedom of movement* rights. If you can’t see where you are going, how can you know where to move?

*Being arrested doesn’t magically dissolve your right of movement. It inhibits it, it doesn’t make it go away.

I joked on Twitter, “Has anyone arrested tried whispering ‘Hail Hydra’”

My point is- they are not following the regulations. Certainly they CAN physically fail to state “Federal Agent!”, but as quoted in that Seventh Circuit dec, they run grave risks by failing to do so, and they are certainly violating policy by that failure.

So your point is there are random camouflaged people rounding up Americans and putting them into unmarked SUVs?

You have a penchant for asking antagonistic questions, instead of telling us what your thoughts are.

I have had just about enough of your antagonistic questions here, since it seems we agree on the wrongness.

If by “antagonistic questions” you mean asking you what you think, then I agree.

Rarely do people ask me what I think.

Has anyone who has been bagged also been tagged and released? If so, what have they said about what happened in custody?

I was wondering the same thing.

The problem is our Portland police have no idea what department they are with or where they are taking people, so if someone is permanently “disappeared” we may be up shit creek.

All i can find is that some were released without being charged.

Where did you find that?

the good news is, apparently you and I can just dress up in camouflage and kidnap people from the street.

Here

One guy arrested said “He asked for a lawyer and they let him go.”

Here’s an account of someone who was picked up and released later without charges:

https://themindunleashed.com/2020/07/feds-use-unmarked-vans-to-kidnap-protesters-off-portland-streets-enraging-local-officials.html

In one such incident on July 15, protesters Conner O’Shea and Mark Pettibone were leaving a protest at the Multnomah County Justice Center and Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse when an unmarked minivan pulled up in front of them.

“I see guys in camo,” O’Shea explained. *“Four or five of them pop out, open the door and it was just like, ‘Oh ***. I don’t know who you are or what you want with us.’”

While O’Shea said he managed to flee – after which he was pursued by a second minivan – Pettibone wasn’t so lucky.

“I am basically tossed into the van,” Pettibone said. “And I had my beanie pulled over my face so I couldn’t see and they held my hands over my head.”

Pettibone was understandably terrified and had no idea why he was arrested or detained before ultimately being released two hours later. However, during the ordeal he was essentially blindfolded while surrounded by armor-clad men who wore no markings and didn’t even identify themselves.

So, if I happen to carry one of those stun gun things and I use it on some unknown person who is trying to abduct me, can I be charged with assaulting an officer, given that I had no way of knowing?