Feel the #extortion Bernie has planned

Sure I am, because in that instance, you should vote for the Democratic nominee, which is still a very good way to stop him (my favorite, in fact).

Thanks to the browning of the country, your strength is actually waning.

Only seem, based on what? I have never failed to vote for a Democratic nominee, and you can be sure that if Bernie were the nominee, that trend would continue. (In fact, recognition of this fact, and the general Democratic loyalty of the Hillary fanbase, was what really galled me when my Bernhead friend called me and said “you and the other Hillary supporters will still reliably vote for any Democrat in the fall, whereas the Bernie supporters won’t, so you should just vote for Bernie in the primary if you want to make sure the Republicans don’t win.” Grrr.)

You read the Barney Frank thread, right? According to him, what you are saying…well, it ain’t necessarily so. And he oughtta know.

Sez you.

I notice today that others are starting to focus on this general topic, and beyond just what Bernie said in the Cenk interview. For instance, I heard this just a few hours ago from Hillary Clinton:

Whether you agree with this or not (and we already know you don’t), we all know the Clintons wouldn’t break out a talking point like this if they hadn’t focus-group tested it. So I think it’s safe to say that a lot of the Democratic primary electorate sees it the same as I do.

In looking for the origin of a quote in that article, I came across this, which I find very interesting. It initially made me roll my eyes in frustration that the DNC doesn’t even require someone to be a registered Democrat to run for the Democratic nomination. But there might just be something even more important in their bylaws, emphases mine:

:dubious:

Yes indeedy, verrry interesting. If I went back to some of the early posts in this thread, from what I recall I think I would find several people arguing something just about the opposite of what I bolded. Does this change anyone’s thinking?

The other thing I heard today on this topic was on the Meet the Press roundtable (one of my favorite parts of the week):