Female dopers--tampon help needed

Thank you!

You know, every time someone says that to me, my post has included the word “vagina”. I should probably be concerned about that.

I cannot stand Tampax, for the reasons DianaG stated. They get to be like 5" by the time they’re saturated! I can’t imagine how anyone uses them. I use OB regulars (I have very short, light periods) and they’re about 1/2" wide by 1.5" long. They expand in circumference. And I find it easier to get the right “fit” without an applicator. If you’re dealing with your period, you’re going to be washing your hands anyway. It’s not that messy.

I was just going to ask about that. It seems like a giant pain in the ass to use them. Glad I’m no longer a customer. I think I asked this before, but are they for people with abnormally heavy periods?

Recent DivaCup convert here.

It’s freakish to me how cool they are. So cool that after 3 cycles, my husband who usually covers his ears during all discussions actually recommended them to a coworker.

I will say that the first 30 min or so I do have cramping, and I did need to trim the nubbin thing, but after that, it is entirely too easy to forget it completely.

Disclaimer: I never had a problem with any tampons.