Fiction set on Death Row

The only book I can think of is Stepehn King’s The Green Mile.

The Last Mile is about a riot on Death Row. It was both a play and a movie.

Technically, all of **Two Seconds **actually takes place in the execution chamber (with flashbacks).

A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines (since made into a stage play and a movie)

The Chamber by John Grisham (made into a movie starring Gene Hackman)

One of Grisham’s short stories in Ford County is Fetching Raymond, a story about a poor family going to see their totally-guilty-but-in-denial-about-his-execution brother/son in his last hours on death row.

A big hunk of A Man in Full, by Tom Wolfe took place in prison, but I can’t remember if it was on death row or not.

Well, let’s go for the classics: There’s Kafka’s The Trial, in a way, and the second part of Camus’ The Stranger, and a big deal of Capote’s In Cold Blood.

Not that I recall- just gen-pop at a medium security California facility.

Not sure if it counts, but the movie The Conspirator that opens next month is a largely fictional story set against the backdrop of Mary Surratt’s real life trial.

Capote’s relationships with the murderers was fictionalized in two unrelated back-to-back movies- Capote with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Infamous with Toby Jones. Both had strengths and weaknesses but I liked Infamous much more (though Perry Smith never saw the day he was within 7 standard deviations of looking like Daniel Craig [though his resemblance to Robert Blake in the 1960s IN COLD BLOOD movie was eeries]).

Arguably, “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”.

“Dead Man Walking” and a pivotal part of "Monster’s Ball (though I don’t recall if that was a book).