Fictional products that have become real brands?

I’ve never seen a full-sized Buddy Christ as we see in the movie Dogma, but you can buy a dashboard statue like we see in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned, but Omni Consumer Products, famed creator of the ED-209 and Robocop himself, is now an actual company producing these sorts of products. Notable examples are Brawndo, the thirst mutilator from Idiocracy, and Sex Panther. 60% of the time, it works every time.

For what ever reason, for as long as I can remember, my mom called Hawaiian Punch “Kickapoo Joy Juice”. I’m not sure she ever read Li’l Abner.

Actually, and I made the same mistake, they changed up the bottle shape between FO3/NV and FO4. The new bottle shape looks like a rocket or mini-nuke. Which the “real” version makes no attempt to replicate but at least the label is closer than I thought.

Crack open a bottle of Saurian brandy.

Does SNL predicting the three-bladed razor and The Onion predicting the five-bladed razor count?

Ax-Man Surplus Store in Minneapolis, MN has a life size Buddy Christ for sale. Bobble-headed, so not quite the same look as the one from Dogma, but relatively close.

I think they saw what was coming.

SNL did predict the “Trac 3” razor. (Because you’ll buy anything.) I laughed my rear off the first time I saw an ad for one.

I’;ve searched the thread and can’t find it, so I assume it hasn’t been suggested…

I was astonished to go to Times Square and find an actual Bubba Gump restaurant, as in the movie Forrest Gump. I gather there’s a bunch of them.
It wasn’t intentional, but Jack Chalker created a company called G.O.D., Inc for his Labyrinth of Dreams series, apparently unaware that Guaranteed Overnight Delivery already had a fleet of trucks marked with G.O.D., just as in his book. He claimed he almost had a heart attack when he saw one on the highway.

It seems that South Park’s “Cheesy Poofs” apparently were available for a short time.

Post #10

Not blue, but I’ve found that 2 parts Mountain Dew, 2 parts Orange Juice, and 1 part vodka reproduces a fairly glowing beverage. Not blue, and debatably drinkable.

Laughed my ass off at George Takei’s “Eau My” fragrance; “Set phasers to stunning.” :smiley:

IIRC, the bobble head dolls available on the NBC website for The Office characters were created after a flood of inquiries resulting from the episode where Angela had one of Dwight custom made for him as a Valentine’s Day gift. Also, the existence of the American Express Centurion Card (Black Card) was once an urban legend, but Amex concluded from all of the hubub that such a card would be marketable so the legend became real.

Soylent.

For awhile a company named US Robotics made computer routers. (No robots though.:()

I’d say that only half counts. It was made as a product tie-in, but the real product launched the same day as the movie. It was never really a “fictional” product except during filming because they were using a prototype / prop version.

No mention of Christmas Story?

The infamous “Major Award” is still available

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/products/leg-lamps

IIRC, Daisy (or someone) actually produced a reasonable facsimile or the “Red Rider” BB gun. Don’t know if it had a compass in the stock.
(do little boys still consider a BB air rifle as the ultimate gift?)

U.S. Robotics Corporation was a big computer modem maker, making modems branded USRobotics, back when “modem” meant sending voice-band signals down a purely analog telephone line. It bought Palm, Inc., to get control of the PalmPilot, and it, in turn, was bought by 3Com, which makes real networking equipment, but was spun back off, renamed USR, and is to this day one of the biggest analog modem makers, employing literally dozens of people worldwide.