Finally! An online IQ test you can trust!

If you wanted to take an IQ test online before but were afraid that it wouldn’t be scientifically valid, here’s one that is based on material provided by the greatest authority on IQ tests (and everything else in the universe).

(bolding mine)

Yeah, ok. Because an IQ test based on knowledge of the bible is accurate.
(not sure whether I’m being whooshed or not. I really hope I am, by the way. :slight_smile: )

Does that site come under spreading the word, or taking the name in vain?

Either way, the flashing yellow things managed to put me off before finishing the first question.

I got 60% (yes, I’m so intent on procrastinating that I actually took the thing). I was afraid I’d do a lot worse. I’m a Christian, but the closest I’ve come to Bible study in a long time is researching Arthur Honegger’s Le Roi David for my honors thesis (which is what I’m supposed to be doing right now).

(I used Adblock to make the yellow blinking shit go away.)

I didn’t even bother. I was sure that my “cognitive understanding, reasoning and deduction abilities” were not great enough for me to show very well.

I’m taking it now, and half the analogies don’t make any sense. And the rest is often dependent on how you actually interpret parts of the Bible. "Joseph is to Pharoh as:

General is to army
Senator is to Congressman
Vice President is to President
President is to country"

None of those make sense. Joseph was an adviser to the Pharoh. None of those listed fit. The closest is maybe Vice President is to President, but much better would be something like Secretary of State.

I should add that apparently I got 75%. Why they care so much about the gaps between various books, I have no idea. I guess it’s easier than actually reading and understanding what is actually in any given book.

I cranked out 38 %.

He was much more than just an advisor. He was essentially second-in-command to Pharaoh himself.

“Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, ‘Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.’ And Pharaoh said to Joseph, ‘See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.’” - Genesis 41:39-41

65% through a lot of guessing and a little bit of remembering Fr. Burchaell’s theology 101.

Um … should an IQ test be causing seismic fields of cognitive dissonance? It’s making my back teeth rattle.

Well, even then, the analogy only works with regards to Cheney.

They make sense if you realize they were written by someone who doesn’t quite know what an analogy is, but has seen some, and knows that the phrase “is to” belongs somewhere in the question.

It’s more about figuring out the question they meant to have asked.

(Should have been 98. The questions were wrong)
I used to do really well in the “Old Testament” and “New Testament” Jeopardy categories when they had those categories.

There’s the process of elimination. Depending on your interpretation, a General/President leads an army/country or is part of and army/country. Joseph certainly did not lead Pharoh or was not part of Pharoh. And a Senator is a kind of Congressman or a senior Congressman. Jospeh was not a Pharoh. The only answer that had one individual who was seperate but subordinate to another individual was Vice President:President.

Granted you’ve found the best answer by process of elimination, but that’s only the least wrong answer, not necessarily the right one.

I got a whopping 35%.

:smiley:

I figure it’s not too bad considering, as a Jew, I know very little of the New Testament of the Bible.

33%! Go me. The only one I really knew was Joseph, and that was because of the musical, the rest were mainly guesses.

I wanted to do this to get my result but couldn’t face the prospect of 40 questions - got to 16 and bailed out.

The solution to this problem is simple. If you’re completing an online IQ test, hoping to get a meaningful result, you’re a dumbass.

There don’t need to be any questions; just one button; ‘click here to accurately evaluate your IQ, instantly!’, leading to a page that says “Yup, it’s official - you’re a dumbass!”

I got 78%. Me atheist.