Fine, fellow liberals, should I just give up now?

I was involved in offline things primarily about political discussions. I also feel better. :slight_smile:

I’m lucky in that I have a job to do. No matter who got elected, I’d have the same job, it just has a different focus when it’s Trump with a Republican congress.

You want inspiration?
Half of Americans didn’t vote.
There was a 7-million drop in the number of voters from 2012 to 2016.
12 million more people voted in 2008 than in 2016.

Voters did not turn out. It’s literally that simple.

Go change it. Convince people to vote.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

yeah right.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very true on your first line.:slight_smile: Gosh the Bush’s were nothing next to Obama, I’d welcome them back to the “roll!”

We made it thru Obama too. Wasnt sure for a few years there-thought we were headed for the United States of Islam fer sure

OMG, the world is ending!! :eek::eek::eek: C’mon. Give the man a chance.

I am more liberal than I am conservative. I take it as an insult being called conservative in any part! I’m for revolution! Reformation!

We gave Obama a chance and see what we got. Skyrocketing health care-them people on the hill are letting insurance companies and anyone/anything else line their pockets. That is all “our congressmen” wants to do or care about is making money for themselves!! Sure a few of our representatives care about us…a few.

The same happens with local municipalities and state. Taxes, do they go to what they should go to? Hell no, mostly go to lining pockets to all involved.

Taxes, Taxes,Taxes-another up the ass shaft much like insurance companies. Nothing for us and all for politicians!

~~~~*

Stock markets will have a problem because its not going to be “business as usual” We dont need business as usual anywhere near DC or Wall street.

Of course, what do I know?? :dubious::p:smack::smiley:

I think this is the Democrats’ biggest weakness and the Republicans’ biggest strength. The Republicans seem to be able to mobilize voters to get out and vote against something. Looking at abortion, gay marriage, the ACA, etc it seems to be their biggest play. Even when they are completely disenchanted with their nominee they still get out and vote because they are voting against the above.

Democrats, OTOH, seem to be motivated by voting for something. Something new and exciting is what brings them out. They came out big for Obama but during the boring mid-terms or the uninspired choice of Hillary the turnout just isn’t there. Democrats don’t seem to be motivated by voting against something. That is what needs to change. Convince people that, even though they might not wish to vote for a particular candidate, they sure as hell should vote against one.

And those are best-case scenarios.

Regards,
Shodan

Or go riot in the street after the fact. One approach has an actual chance of making things different.