[QUOTE=WhyNot]
Uh huh. There’s a reason teenagers drive their parents crazy - it’s nature’s way of preventing incest and making sure the fledgling leaves the nest to find his own mate, I’m sure of it!
Mostly, people deal with it by never mentioning it, ever. I’m a rebel like that.
And I AM on terrible terms (or, more accurately, no terms at all) with his dad. You’re right, that adds another layer of oogieness to it.
(And I couldn’t finish watching that link, 'cause it was just way too disturbing. That’s not natural growing struggles, that’s mental illness!)
It’s almost as weird seeing his little platonic girlfriends growing up. Last summer, they all (6 of 'em, all at one campground we go to every May), suddenly showed up with boobies. I don’t know who was more disturbed - my son or me! I’ll never forget his face when he jumped out of the car after a 6 hour car ride and heard the shrill little voices of these girls he’s grown up with calling his name - only to turn around and see 12 BOOBIES! in bikini tops. Deer in headlights, man, deer in headlights. He turned away and suddenly became very preoccupied with unpacking the car and wouldn’t speak to any of them all weekend. They kept asking me what was wrong with him, and I just said, “Boobs. You got boobs. Boobs melt boy’s brain.”
[/QUOTE]
Huh? Did you say something after “boobs”?
Mmmmmmmmm. Boobs.