Omgosh, I just came to mention her! I had a little girl crush on her almost as much as on Lamb Chop.
I will second Shari Lewis. First encountered her on some kind of telethon or another.
There may have been earlier ones but it may have been Colonel Wilma Deering from Buck Rogers.
With regards to Emma Peel, Catwoman, and Batgirl; I’m not sure if my crushes were on the characters or just catsuits in general.
Weren’t those sock puppets?
Shari Lewis, mmmmmmmmm! ![]()
Yes, they were. I suppose Shari could go that route with me. No strings attached.
Would that count as oral, or manual?
It simply must be said: It’s surprising how many Dopers fell for one of the most well known sock puppeteers in history.
I most assuredly had a crush on Shari. But it was a close tie between Lesley Ann Warren (as Cinderella) or Laura Petrie. ![]()
There was no earlier one for me. Wilma Deering, hands down.
Go watch three episodes of Totally Spies .
You ll find out.
Rick Springfield, from a cartoon called Mission: Magic. (Which was a spinoff of The Brady Kids, so a spinoff of a spinoff.)
The catsuits certainly helped. When we took our kids to see The Incredibles and I saw Elastigirl…rawr.
From what I see on Instagram, Elastigirl is a popular cosplay costume, particularly among cosplayers who have curves.
The version of Colonel Deering I knew was portrayed by Erin Gray. I don’t think I had a crush on her, but I looked up to her. She was tough, she was smart. Except for when Gil Gerard was doing his Savate foot-fighting, she was my favorite character from the TV show.
My sister, though… I’m pretty sure she had some kind of crush on Twiki.
I wasn’t into Wilma Deering, but I did like Erin Gray more when she was in Silver Spoons.
Fury.
I came to ask whether I could list a non-fictional “character” from a decidedly fictional place, The Magic Garden television show. If my parents wondered why a teenager was watching a show meant for pre-schoolers, they never asked. But I had a huge crush on the show’s sign language interpreter.
Oh, how I longed to free her from that tiny window at the bottom of the screen !
Here’s Shari’s 1958 NBC screen test.