Florida Man charged with stealing Speaker's podium

That is exactly what this article claims:

I agree about the poetic justice.

Asks the person whose avatar seems to be wearing a very suspicious hat. :wink:

The wording of Trump’s Executive Order explicitly includes damage to all Federal property.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-protecting-american-monuments-memorials-statues-combating-recent-criminal-violence/

It is the policy of the United States to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted under Federal law, and as appropriate, any person or any entity that destroys, damages, vandalizes, or desecrates a monument, memorial, or statue within the United States or otherwise vandalizes government property. The desire of the Congress to protect Federal property is clearly reflected in section 1361 of title 18, United States Code, which authorizes a penalty of up to 10 years’ imprisonment for the willful injury of Federal property.

People who broke windows and defecated on the floor are exposed to a potential maximum ten year sentence. If nothing else, that should give the Feds some firepower to encourage people to talk in order to isolate the most serious offenders.

So some of the Capitol Police officers pulled the barriers aside for the rioters, or helped a woman get down the stairs or aided them in some other way. I really want to ask these officers what were they thinking?

I’ll have you know that’s part of my head!

Maybe those horns are part of Jake Angeli’s head too. After all, have you ever seen him without them? :wink:

It’s a decent bet they thought something along the lines of

Thank goodness the MAGA cavalry has arrived to stop the steal. If only I was off duty today I’d be among them.

But with lots more profanity aimed at those awful people inside Congress who actually believe (at least a little) in democracy.

Still can’t get over how dumb these people are… I especially liked the one who wore his work ID to a riot.

That was dumb, but frankly I doubt there was even a handful of people there that can’t eventually be identified, even the ones fully masked like zip tie guy.

Who has already been tagged as a bartender who took his mom to the insurrection.

The family that riots together stays together. In federal prison.

Actually, he answered it (before he got arrested).
The hat, fur, and face paint are just props to get attention.

Apparently a well known character amongst the right-wing nutjob faction here in AZ.

That’s disappointing. I thought maybe it was a reference to something.

Moderating (not):

Stop it, stop it. You wanna be banned? :upside_down_face:

“So uh, what are you in for?”

“Stealing a lecturn.”

“Whu? I thought you just got expelled from school for that shit - it’s illegal now?”

“Uh, well, I kinda stole the wrong lectern.”

Dumbass.

:joy:

First amendment! Cancel culture! These people keep losing their jobs for being patriots!

An oldie, but a goodie (and as applicable as ever).

I read somewhere that fully masked zip tie guy has been identified, because he went to the terrorist traitor event with his mother, and was photographed with her.

There was some really remarkable detective work done on Twitter to identify that guy - the following tweet is part of a huge thread:

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1347760352705052672

He has been arrested by the FBI though it’s not known if they used the information from Twitter or if they identified him independently.