Florida Man charged with stealing Speaker's podium

Don’t know if it’s been posted here before: Desk Man was armed with a stun gun when he was in Pelosi’s office. Also, he waived his Miranda rights when he was interviewed.

One defendant, who was among those earlier indicted, Jessica Watkins, wrote in the weeks before Jan. 6 that if Mr. Biden became president, “our way of life as we know it is over,” the indictment said.

Ms. Watkins, 38, who served as an infantryman in the U.S. Army from 2001-2003 under her previous name, Jeremy David Watkins, was deployed to Afghanistan, and received an “other than honorable discharge” after “the Army determined that my presenting as a female was unacceptable for a soldier,”

Okay, a trans Trumpist military veteran.

I think I’m going to slot this person in next to the Mongolian Neo-Nazis in my mental filing cabinet. This world really never ceases to be an interesting place.

Indeed it is!

Ex-Marine, ex-cop charged with participating in the Capitol riot and attacking a police officer with a pipe:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/nbc-retired-nypd-officer-to-face-charges-for-alleged-pipe-attack-in-capitol-riot

It occurs to me that there might be a need for a counter-part to this group. Imagine a group of black, Latino, Asian, and sympathetic white veterans organizing to be available if needed. An “E Pluribus Unum” society, if you will.

And more details coming out about the planning and deliberation of the Proud Boys on January 6:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prosecutors-fill-in-details-of-proud-boys-assault-on-capitol/ar-BB1e83Jj?ocid=SK2DDHP

Federal Department of Justice asks for a 60 day extension under the Speedy Trial Act; says that the Capitol riot investigation is the most complex in US history;

https://www.axios.com/capitol-riot-investigation-complex-7200484d-1943-41cd-be28-7102ab730ab5.html

And another family member turns in a rioter:

Michael Gordon

Thu, March 25, 2021, 2:33 PM·3 min read

Mr Little is now facing four federal charges.

That’s going to be an awkward Thanksgiving dinner in their household.

Especially since they are going to have to figure out prison visiting times.

That’s one prisoner who won’t be getting a file hidden in his turkey.

And the wheels of justice have ground for Florida Man:

75 days in jail and $5,000 fine.

Enjoy jail, Captain Dickwad!

I’m sure his employer (if he has one) will completely understand. /s

I hope this follows these assholes around for the rest of their lives.

I’m surprised that there’s not a Republican business network making sure none of these heroes goes without a job.

“You want me to do WHAT??”

Only 75 days!

It was powder cocaine a podium not crack a lectern.

Yes. Seems pretty light to me seeing as how there are photos of him carrying it around inside the building. He at least entered a restricted area and messed with governmental property.

To b3e fair, he didn’t actually steal it, or try to steal it. He picked it up and carried it around, and posed for photos, but he didn’t attempt to remove it or keep it. He has been convicted for his illegal entry into the building, which is correct. Picking up the lectern did not add to his crime.