Follow my package with me!

Yep. Still waiting on a relative.

Probably because the USPS only tracks stuff when it’s within their own system. Once it gets to Canada, it’s out of their hands and they don’t know what’s up with.

Yes, it looks like USPS passed it on to a courier company I’ve never heard of; UniUni.

Finally got it. Folks did not manage to get it to me on the island - had to take a ferry into town to pick it up myself. All good!

My fun: package (medication) shown in Informed Delivery as arriving at Big City USPS facility on the 22, delivery to My Nearby Town on the 24th. Cool. On the 24th, it doesn’t say it’s arrived at My Nearby Town’s processing facility, but now does say delivery by 9:00 PM.

9:00 PM has come and gone. Now instead, Informed Delivery shifted to an 8:00 PM delivery, still on the 24th. Neat trick. No email saying uhhh, your package is still on its way but we can’t tell you when you’ll get it, as is usual. Not sure what to say other than that I’m done hanging out by the front door since I can’t travel backward in time.

My medication has now traveled from Big City to Nashville, so it was missorted and is now across the country from where it originated and where it’s supposed to go. Good thing it’s not refrigerated.

Hope you get it in time!

(No, insurance company, I don’t want to get my meds through the mail.)

Yeah. It’s worked mostly-okay for pills, but I think I’ll see what local pharmacy prices for these meds are.

Note this jiggery-pokery also extends to picking up packages as well. They have a program where you can set out pre-paid pre-printed labeled parcels for them to to your house or business and pick them up for you, not necessary to make a trip to the Post Office. When it works, it’s pretty cool. When it doesn’t, not so much. All parcels eventually get scanned, either by hand or by machine, but it is important to get scanned at the time of pickup because this “starts the clock” with respect to online sales like eBay. Unless and until it is scanned, there is no proof as it were, that the USPS has it in their possession.

“Congratulations!” the e-mail said, “Your package has been Successfully picked up!” Yeah, no it hasn’t. I’m looking at it right now, sitting on the front porch by the mailbox. It took two (2) unsuccessful attempts just like that. On the third day, I tracked the carrier down personally and tried to divine what the hell they were doing. After that it worked OK.

I ordered something recently, and was sent an email on the Friday saying
it would be delivered on Saturday. I was going out on Saturday, so I clicked
the “change delivery” option and asked for it to be sent to a post office near
me so I could pick it up when I got back, and was sent a confirmation email.
When I got back on Saturday it was sitting outside my door. :roll_eyes:

It was delivered to the correct address, count yourself lucky.

My pills enjoyed their Tennessee vacation and are now in my possession. Prescriptions have been shifted to a local pharmacy.

Look into GoodRx when you do. Significant saving and it will tell which pharmacy near you has it the cheapest .