Times New Roman
Trebuchet MS
Verdana

You’re trying to torture me, aren’t you? :dubious:

Lucida Blackletter
Applesauce10
I <3 obscure fonts!

[sub]sorry for the large sizes[/sub]

Dang it how do you get ones that aren’t on the dropdown?

Font=<fontname> (text) /font.

If you really wanted to toy with our heads, you’d displace the names, like this

Ariel
Ariel Black
Ariel Narrow
Book Antiqua
Century Gothic
Comic Sans MS
Courier New
Fixedsys
Franklin Gothic Medium

Verdana

Interesting. They all look like Helvetica (or some other very vanilla sans serif font) to me.

Browser=Shiira, OS= OS X 10.3.8

Same with iCab

Firefox makes more of an attempt: Arial is Arial, Courier New is Courier New, Verdana is probably Verdana…everything else looks like Times New Roman or some other very vanilla serif font.

Wonder if it’s a platform issue?

Hmm, let’s see what happens if I input the names of fonts I do specifically have?
American Typewriter
Helvetica
Apple Chancery
Monaco
Optima
Geeza Pro

::goes to preview::

Well, I’ll be damned, that works!

What determines what I can see for fonts? What my browser has? What the SDMB server has? What my software at home has? What if the font doesn’t exist? If I try “Turdblossom” for a font, I see this: Turdblossom. How are non-existing font names resolved?

text here?

That hurt me.

Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Purple
Now I feel better. :stuck_out_tongue:
BobLibDem, I believe it is dependent on what fonts are contained in the font folder in the system file on whatever computer you are using. I could be wrong. Although not as wrong as what Chronos did.

Yup.
Torture.
Yup, yupyupyupyup.

Uh, why?

I beleive that any font specified that you don’t have on your computer reverts to your browser’s default. So Turdblossom woill just look like normal text on everyone’s computer, and Arial will revert to the default font on Macs (which generally don’t have Arial).

Bosda posts from a secret government keyboard that won’t allow fonts? Bosda has an unrequited love affair with a font maker? Got me.

EGJM>
Interesting. I had been thinking that the specified font had to be installed on the webserver, but that’s not the case. A more considered reflection would have told me my initial assumption was quite absurd.

Just for chuckles:

Webdings enabled?

Bookman Old Style
Garamond
Century Gothic
Eras Bold
Helvetica
Goudy Stout
Georgia
Impact

Now that I’m back on my iBook, I see I’m wrong. I dunno, ** AHunter3**.

Uh-huh, uh-huh.

Stop that, Bosda. We never said you can’t use splashy fonts. It was just pointed out to you that frilly fonts, billboard sizing and eye-bleeder colors all used together made your sigs 1. nearly unreadable and 2. annoying.

Play with the toys. Just use 'em with a little discretion, y’know? You don’t have to use every crayon in the box just because they’re there.

Sheesh.

Actually, I’m fine with him not doing it at all.