Food based on classic books or movies

Reservoir Hotdogs
The Veal-shank Redemption
What Ever Happened to Baby Back Ribs?
12 Angry Gingerbread Men

Just make sure you don’t mix up which thing to bring and which thing to leave…

Rex Stout put out “The Nero Wolfe Cookbook,” which contained recipes for nearly every dish ever mentioned in a Nero Wolfe mystery novel (including “saucisse minuit”). Some of them are mainstream dishes, a few are rather odd.

Huckleberry Finnan Haddie

Life of Pie

Annie Get Your Bun

There’s No Business Like Pho Business

My Fair Ladyfinger

Donovan’s Beef

For Whom the Bells Toll House Cookies

I Dream of Wienie

Frank and Stein of Beer

Cheaper By the Dozen Donuts

Limehouse Booze

Some of these remind me of Good Eats episode titles.

Not a movie, but I get hungry every time I watch Tuco make burritos in Breaking Bad. They looked pretty good!

You could do the entire meal from “Babette’s Feast.”

Not a movie, but an episode of iCarly included spaghetti tacos as a joke. Kids started asking for it in restaurants, and now quite a few offer it.

Spaghetti and meatballs from Lady and the Tramp.

And here’s a link to the foods Ratty brings to a picnic in The Wind in the Willows: http://foodinliterature.com/food-in-literature/2015/06/wind-willows-rattys-picnic.html

I Am Curious Yellow Cake.

The Hannibal Lecter: Liver, with fava beans and a good chianti.

A big dome of tuna salad; call it “Pussy Galore!”

“Blazing Saddles” baked beans.

A Man for All Seasonings

Meat Me in St Louis

Planet of the Grapes

I once held a dinner party based on food mentioned on Babylon 5. Garibaldi mentioned bagna cauda, an Italian hot oil dip. In one episode G’kar entertained another Narn guest, who was amazed he had found the ingredients for a dish called “breen” G’kar replied it wasn’t breen, “But it is an Earth dish that is very similar. They call it Swedish meatballs.” there were other dishes and fruit, but those two were the favorites.