Foods you adore that everyone around you absolutely hates!!

cold lima beans!

Squid sure do have tentacles…maybe you only get the rings. I am greatly disappointed when I order calamari in a restaurant and I only get the rings, the chewy tentacles are the best part!
Also, one of my favorite dinners growing up was when my Grandma made calf’s liver (breaded and fried) in a sweet-n-sour vinegar sauce, with a side dish of spinach. :slight_smile:
Blue

Corn dogs. Yummy.

Also, when I’m sick, I make chicken noodle soup (has to be Campbell’s) and a peanut butter sandwich, and I dip the sandwich into the soup until it’s soggy and the peanut butter is all melty… mmm.

Aloe Vera juice. mmmmm. yummy.

I like sauerkraut-- an essential part of a good reuben sandwich.

Rye bread, havarti cheese, corned beef, drained sauerkraut, fry it up in a pan, yummy!

I like squid and octopus, too, but my stomach can’t handle them on a regular basis. Oh well.

For some odd reason, I’m the only one in my family who likes peas. Everyone else gags if they even smell them.

– Sylence

I don’t have an evil side. Just a really, really apathetic one.

Well, I like to scrape out the congealed and cooked BLOOD which oozes out of beef when you cook it and eat it. MMMMMMMMMMM DELICIOUS! It forms those little gray-brown patties in the pan and lightly salted are scrumptious! Once I kind of made a guy pal’s stomach churn a bit when I drained the ‘juice’ out of the styrofoam container a steak came in and poured it into the hot pan, seasoned it with salt and pepper and ate it down! He thought it was gross! (I wore black lipstick and black fake nails that night when we made love to make him think I was one of those ‘Vampires’. Kind of turned him on even MORE! :wink: )

I double dog dare ANYONE to claim that they eat and like LIMBURGER CHEESE! I’ve tried to eat it several times, including once holding my nose, but it made me gag! The last two bars of it wound up being tossed out of my back door into the neighbors weedy ditch!

I love mincemeat pie…I think I’m in a minority.

I also love fruitcake but only if it’s made with my grandma’s recipe. Her fruitcake had more cake than fruit.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

Hello, my name is Veb and like yucky foods…

I love that seafood salad w/ the squid, scallops and such marinated in lemon juice, celery and such. First had it wandering around Fisherman’s Wharf in SF; sorta ceviche on the stroll.

• licorice jelly beans; YES! I also love ouzo. You hug floor lamps if you drink it straight, but it turns milky if water is added. I don’t care. It’s a pure anise rush.

• Chief: SOS is great. Try adding a titch of sauted onion and a splash of Worchestershire sauce. And butter the toast. Heart attack on a plate and pure comfort food.

• kim chee, and all Korean food I’ve tried.

• fried dill pickles; dry 'em well, use a light breading and fry 'em. Nummy.

• good steak, rare; medium rare at most. If you’re gonna cook it more, eat boots instead.

• any veggie: eggplant, squash, celeraic…

• cheese; a ripe Stilton, Maytag Blue, a good emmenthaler melted and sopped up w/ bread…*except limburger. That stuff would gag vultures on a morgue wagon.

• hot sauce on over-easy eggs

Okay, enough grossing people out…

Veb

Tang. I can’t be the only keeping the company in business. I’ve been drinking a quart a day for 20 years. Since I’ve developed a tolerance for it, I make it about twice as strong as the directions suggest. The undissolved spooge on the bottom makes Ed sick.
Kippers. Salted herring in a tin like cat food. I have to eat it in my car, outside of the garage. Usually, I get a bunch of cats hanging around.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. That’s my name too.
Wait, no it isn’t.

Beets.

I like circus peanuts. :slight_smile:

What the hell. Everyone complains but I think S.O.S. is comfort food. You can’t get me to buy spam but I was always first in line whenever they served it for breakfast on the Connie and the Ranger. When I worked the flight deck I’d only have enough time for a burger in the forward galley so I’d load my plate with pickled cauliflower and pearl onions. Closest thing I could get to fresh veggies.

I don’t eat it often but I like menudo. Nothin’ like a big bowl of cow guts and popcorn with some fresh bread for a hangover.

It’s your fault that I have no one to blame but myself.

Ahhh, a kindred spirit. My ex-roommate, who also loves the stuff, called my recipe for it “Tang soup.”

I love American cheese. I eat the slices straight out the pack. This always grossed out everyone around me.

Also, this isn’t exactly something everybody hates, but I know nobody else as fond of French’s yellow mustard as I am. I absolutely will not eat any other kind.

Non-organic smooth peanut butter on hotdogs.

“Kiu frenezas? Cxu la mondo aux mi?” -Persone

Ahhh…a fellow weirdo. I thought I was the only person on the planet who loves eating brussel sprouts with mayonnaise.

Shadowfox
“We are what we pretend to be.”

• Kurt Vonnegut

I have to ask – what is MENUDO? I thought that was some singing group made up of kids that radio DJs made fun of.

Squid: pickled in ink. (No, not me but a roomer of mine used to love that absolutely disgusting stuff! All little tentacles complete with suckers immersed in a foul, black fluid.)

I like Limberger Cheese with beer.

Shit on a shingle is comfort food definitely.

Menudo is a special soup made with piss and thick sheets of toilet paper (At least that describes the taste of the “broth,” and the texture of the tripe. It is traditionally a hangover cure.

I hate to tell you this but I was being literal when I said cow guts and popcorn. It’s a soup made from beef intestine and hominy.

Boiled crawfish, cajun style. You pull off the head, suck out the juices (if you do it right the eyeballs slide right down the stalks) and then eat the meat in the tail.
Having grown up on the Gulf coast, this amazes my friends here in New Mexico, who love menudo BTW.

Mayonaisse on French Fries

Or how about spaghetti bolognaise - with a raw egg stirred into the sauce?