For a change: Commercials you love

I enjoyed the “Call of Duty: Black Ops” commercial, I hear the Rolling Stones, I see two celebrities I recognize(Jimmy Kimmel and Kobe Bryant), and I wonder, am I supposed to recognize anyone else in this commercial? Is the lady in the beginning, with a rifle and dress shoes also a celebrity? A female rapper who also likes going online a fragging the noobs? I must have it wrong, or I figure Goggle would have told me.

Along that like, I’m enjoying the current “ADIAS is all in” commercial running. An interesting tune, and I try to recognize the athletes and … what, wait … Katy Perry? Um. OK. I’ll play along, so long as I get to see her stretch in a leotard.

First time I’ve seen it - but it was really cute.

Somebody has GOT to have a word with that dude about the neckbeard.

Count me as another fan of the DirecTV tiny giraffe. “Opulence–I khaz eet.” I want a tiny giraffe!

A favorite series that I know only from the internet are the CompareTheMarket.com meerkat ads.

Finally, one of my favorites of all time comes from Russia: An ad for House, with normal people miming various House-isms against a plain black backdrop, interspersed with scenes of Hugh Laurie doing the original scenes. The fact that the people were obvious fans who looked like they were having a lot of fun made the commercial.

YES!!! :smiley:

What I love the most is the absurdity of the hamsters driving a toaster. A toaster?! Hahaha WTF. Love it.

I find it amusing that the portrayal of Russians in American commercials has gone from the Soviet fashion show in this Wendy’s ad to the Russian oligarch in that Directv ad.

And I have to admit that I’m amused by the ads featuring the E*TRADE baby, particularly the one with his tailor.

I am an absolute sucker for the Fancy Feast “Engagement” commercial. In looking it up for a link, I discovered that there’s a long version too!

The other one that’s been making me chuckle lately is the Xfinity one with the…whatever that thing is…in the pool. “A bird just flew out of me!” That makes me giggle ever time. I’m not quite sure why. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are a couple of older ones I remember. One was a Pepsi commercial in which Vladimir Guerrero and Alex Rodriguez have a private home run competition. A-Rod goes first and hits a ball into the stadium lights and shatters them. Vlad goes next and hits a ball to the moon, causing it to shatter and fall out of the sky. A-Rod then yells, “RUUUUUNNNNN!!!”

The next one is a Snickers commercial in which a quarterback receives a concussion and believes he’s Batman.

I’m Batman.

I generally don’t crack a smile at talking babies, but I did think the E*TRADE golf ad was pretty funny. Read a rule book, Shankopotamus.

This one’s our favorite too. It’s on a lot, but I never get tired of it.

Another favorite hasn’t been on much since football is over. It’s the phone ad with the doctor texting the injured player. “You’re off my fantasy team, that’s for sure!”

There’s a doofus guy in a seafood ad (not sure which one) demonstrating how you can’t make a sandwich out of one of their meals. His expressions are just perfect. He looks so pleased with the product, and with his performance. Love him.

Flo.
When I was in Montreal in 2007, they had a two minute commercial of several different Ferrari F1 cars racing through the streets of Rome, New York, Tokyo, Monaco and Rio de Janeiro. You Tube for “Ferrari, Shell” and crank the speakers up!

For some reason I want to say that was Sears

Opulence, I has it
I am epic win

It started good but lately became a Chuck Norris rip off.

Look with your special eyes.

Look at me, look at your man, now look at me. . .

Pow! Boom! Bang bang!

I like this one too. Notice at the beginning that the guy says he broke up with the girl six months ago, yet one of the messages she sends to the other guy is that she’s been wanting to date him for over a year! I’m guessing that’s what pushed the first guy over the edge. Plus I like the way he casually says “Can I see that?” before he grabs the phone and chucks it.

Kahlúa commercial on YouTube

Just noticed **Sitnam **up there beating me to it.

I still like the tiny giraffe.

I don’t know why, I just laugh every time he kisses that thing.

Many years ago there was an ad campaign that aired during basketball season featuring a short, scrawny dude monologuing while dribbling a basketball. I think it was a series of car commercials, but it might have been promos for the NBA or NCAA basketball.

Anyway, the best one featured clips of this guy dribbling poorly (off his foot, etc.), missing easy layups, missing 8 foot jumpers, etc. It ended with him saying something to the effect of: “People say I don’t have what it takes to be a player, that I’m too short. HA! Too short like a fox!”

I’ve been looking for a clip of this for like 20 years. I’ll still say “too short like a fox” and laugh myself silly, even tho my old basketball buddies and I parted way decades ago. Now, people just give me that look* when I do it (I’m 6’4", after all).

*that look is the look that says "Uh oh, do we need to get you into that jacket… again??"

Both of these made me LOL. I don’t watch TV, so I normally miss a lot of this type of stuff. Thanks!