Ford is ceasing production in Brazil

This isn’t likely to help Brazil’s economy.

Hasn’t Ford talked about moving to only producing a couple vehicles like mustangs and F-150’s, maybe a couple others. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I had no idea they even made cars in Brazil especially not for over a century.

AIUI, yes, many if not most car manufacturers have reduced the number of models they are producing due both to reduced demand and supply problems.

Ford have been dragging their heels when it comes to EVs. Lots of promises, very few results. If they don’t show something soon, they’ll be left behind and never catch up.

Ford (and others) are doing this everywhere, Brazil isn’t special in this regard.

Have you not seen the reviews that have been coming out of the new Mustang Mach E? It looks like it will be quite competitive with Tesla. Based on what I’ve seen so far, if I were in the market for an EV I think I’d rather have a Mach E over a Model Y.

Ford cut several auto models a year or two ago; they are now down to only two cars in the U.S.: the Mustang and the Fusion. But, that’s not just them – that’s an industry trend, as SUVs and trucks have become predominant (Buick, for example, now only sells SUVs in the U.S., and no longer sells cars at all).

But, Ford still has eight models of SUVs and crossovers, and five trucks/vans.