Fox News Spinning the Katrina Disaster?

Oops. I apologize profusely. You were saying “Russert” and I was thinking Chris Matthews. My mistake. :smack:

Wake me when O’Reilly actually grows the cojones to blame Bush directly, instead of the nebulous “federal government.”

What fucking planet are you living on?

BG - see two posts above. After slamming me twice on my asssertion that Russert is moderate, he seems to have left the thread.

After 3 days of watching various sources, I’ve concluded that Shepard Smith is probably the best thing Fox News has. Now, if he could just finish crowding out Hannity and Colmes entirely, and anchor all the reporting from NO.

I don’t know Bill seems to be attacking the president in a roundabout way that even I can catch.

Link

Maybe not attacking him but seems to be applying pressure.

No.

Spinning a disaster? To make someone look… good?

I work out of the house and have been watching pretty much non-stop since Monday. I’ve had it on FOX most of the time. Most all it’s correspondents are doing a good job and not getting too carried away. They’ve asked the good hard questions and expressed dismay at the ‘seemingly’ sluggish response. And O’Reilly is not holding back the punches.

They’ll be plenty of time for the blame game to be played out in the weeks to come. Whatever.

Uh, lemmeguess…You voted Dem and think FOX is a republican-sponsored propaganda maker.

Smith is good, Hume is also pretty good. Wallace is also not bad.

Hannity/Colmes is a News **Analysis **program (as is O’Reilly’s show). Smith is the anchor of the main News show (*sans *anlysis) on Fox. Maybe that’s why you like him.

…*analysis *from the Greek meaning “to pull things out of your ass.”

All three cable news networks (MSNBC, CNN, FoxNews) just broadcast the President’s comments after touring New Orleans with the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans. After the President concluded his remarks, Gov. Blanco (a Democrat) also made some remarks. MSNBC and CNN carried her remarks, but FoxNews cut away to generic chopper footage and analysis of the Presidents comments. Coincidence?

You obviously didn’t watch The Factor last night. Bill all but kicked Bush’s dog about not only the flood efforts, but the energy situation as well. Think what you want of O’Reilly, but he is actually an independant thinker. He just happens to be a conservative one.

Best wake up then…I’ve seen O’Reilly throw down on Bush plenty of times, including over this last night. And yeah…he threw down on BUSH…not the ‘nebulous federal government’. Not that I watch Fox all that often myself, but even as few times as I’ve seen it (my dad loves O’Reilly), I’ve seen him bust on Bush.

But then, you wouldn’t actually know that would you…since I doubt you actually watch Fox News. :stuck_out_tongue:

-XT

Actually, I think Brit Hume is the main anchor; Smith or John Gibson (sadly) is #2.

Shepard Smith’s program (Fox Report) is really the only straight news program on Fox. Brit Hume’s show mixed news and analysis. Hannity and O’Reilly are all analysis, just like Harball is all analysis on MSNBC.

If you go to the 3 Cable News Station’s web sites right now, the headlines are:

CNN: HELP AT LAST
FOX: RELIEF EFFORT IN FULL SWING
MSNBC: JOY AND ANGER

Yeah, analysis should only be from the point of view that you agree with. :rolleyes:

If I wanted government propaganda, I could subscribe to Pravda. :smiley:

Since you’ve probably never listened to Pravda either… :wink:

Thing is, if you are going to expound on Fox you might want to actually watch it…otherwise basically its kind of transparent you are talking out your ass. I’ve always found that getting another point of view, even if I don’t agree with it, gives me more perspective…which is why I occationally watch Fox, and occationally tune into NPR. For a foriegn perspective I watch/read the BBC and even (surprise) such things as Al jazeera (the online english version at least).

Perspective. You might want to give it a shot sometime. (I’m not holding my breath though in your case :stuck_out_tongue: )

-XT

Sheesh.

Was anyone watching about 20 minutes ago? Hannity was trying to sell “things are gonna be fine” and Smith and Geraldo Rivera were practically telling him to STFU.

Rivera held up an infant to the camera and said something to the effect of “Look at her! This is who the government is failing to help!” Smith looked about ready to explode talking about the situation at the Superdome.

Good point. Russert is really a shill for the Bush administration. Nice catch.

I will be honest. I’ve never understood why people dump on Fox News so much, unless it’s their pure analysis programs. I’ll be honest. I don’t like O’Reilly. It’s not so much his viewpoints as his show’s style, which I don’t like. So I watch Countdown instead. However, I have thought, ever since I was able to watch Fox News Channel, that their actual reporting really is good. Yes, they have an editorial slant, but so does every other news source. I don’t like O’Reilly. I can’t stand Hannity and Colmes or whatever it is they have on after that. For that matter, I’m not too hot on Your World or the Big Story either. But, if nothing else, Special Report, the Fox Report, and Fox News Sunday are damn fine programs I make it a point to watch or listen to. Though the Fox Report competes with Hardball depending if I want news or more analysis.

And I’ve got to say, O’Reilly got back some of my lost respect tonight.