Fox News: We don't report . I GET the picture.

Instead of watching the endless talking heads on all the news channels, it’s sometimes more fun to read about the the knock-down drag out competitive fights between CNN, FOX News Channel, and MSNBC/CNBC.

Peter Arnett said something stupid over the weekend, MSNBC initially supports him. Fox ridicules him on their station, CNN apparently leaves it alone. Then with all the outrage, Arnett is fired. Big story all over the place: papers, AP, Reuters, CNN, et. al. If you go to any of the news web sites, type in “Peter Arnett” and get the whole story. Even on MSNBC, NBC, CNBC.

Geraldo Rivera, on the hand. Reveals the position of his unit on live TV. The other stations jump on this. He cries – Those Rats at NBC!. Fox downplays the situation, on their sites. But again big story all over the place: papers, AP, Reuters, CNN–everywhere you can read about Geraldo Rivera EXCEPT Fox News.com. Not a peep. Do a search on their site and you’ll get who is going to be on his show, but boo on any deal with the Pentagon kicking him out of Iraq.

What’s up with that?

You know Fox News Channel, I pay attention to what you don’t report, also. And I’ve made up my mind that somehow you’ve added a level of untrustworthiness to your reporting.

I can’t describe exactly what’s so sleazy about this, but its something akin to saying: “Mom, I wasn’t in the room when the vase was broken, honest.” When, while that was technically true, you omitted the part about throwing a ball from the next room over. I guess it’s the sin of omission.

Take your lumps like a man. If you are going to crow about the journalist integrity of a rival’s reporter, make sure you squawk just as loud when one of your own screws up.

Yeah, and put Geraldo in the No Spin Zone with Bill O’Reilly.

Huhwha? I don’t know about you, but when that story broke I was watching Fox and they definitely talked about it.

Geraldo even did a live report after the story broke and talked about it. The first reports out got it wrong anyways. They had said he was already kicked out of Iraq, and he and the other Fox reporters were refuting that about every hour as he was (quite obviously) still in Iraq. They did confirm that he was being investigated by the Pentagon too.

What part of this story didn’t they cover?

I never want to have sex again.

Where’s that damn barfing smiley when you need it.

:smack:

I believe the OP was referring to the fact that the story does not appear on the FOX website.

BTW, the initial reports were not wrong. The decision to kick him out had been made, he just hadn’t been told yet.

All praise the Daily Show.

To quote Jon Stewart (approximately), “The Pentagon wants four people out of Iraq – Saddam Hussein, his two sons and Geraldo.”

If you’ll follow me down to the sand here Jon, I can diagram for you what’s happening. Geraldo’s head unit has departed his torso and is on an end run towards his ass, with the end goal of insertion. Jon?

What part of this story didn’t they cover?

My fault, out here in the sticks we don’t have FNC, but I did when I lived in Jersey, so I follow it on the web; I didn’t make that clear. (BTW, didn’t they used to have a live feed on their site?) So if you follow the story based on every media BUT FNC, they practiced omission of a big story that directly pertains to them. After they make the big stink about Arnett, I thought it was a bit two faced of them.

quote:

Originally posted by guy_from_wpa
Geraldo Rivera, on the hand. Reveals the position of his unit on live TV.

I never want to have sex again.

Where’s that damn barfing smiley when you need it.

I always get a big kick out of this board. Just when you think you got a serious comment to make, up pops the ghost of Groucho Marx. :slight_smile:

Hey, how about a Groucho Marx smiley?

as reported on Reuters:stuck_out_tongue:

You have to admit, that sure would be fun to watch.