Frag Attacks

I Have a NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo Ac 1900 purchased this year.

How secure is it? I changed the password to 14 random, letters, numbers, and symbols. Anything else I need to do?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/5/12/22433134/fragattacks-wi-fi-vulnerabilities-update-security

Keep the firmware up to date.

How do I do that?

I was unable to update firmware from the Net genie. So I called Spectrum then Spectrum said it is NETGEAR’Sb problem. Then I called Netgear, They said call Spectrum, Spectrum said Netgear has to reset the firmware. Then I searched the net. Evidently this issue hasn’t been resolved.

$200.00 later still no frigging internet.

Ok, Netgear cannot help you. They do not provide firmware for the CM1200.
even if you did get the firmware upgrade somehow, docsis allows spectrum to downgrade it to their approved firmware and they would have downgraded it back to v1. But they have recently started sending out the good firmware.

Any glitches are because of congestion , spectrum providing a very old firmware that cannot do ODFMA. and spectrum trying to use OFDMA now

Now leave the CM1200 connected, and Spectrum are now sending out updated firmware to CM1200’s to make them OFDMA compatible, and work better during congestion.

You can call spectrum and ask their engineers to check you will get firmware Version 3.02.01. on your CM1200 ,in your area ? It should have been there last week. How long do you have to leave it connected to be sure the firmware is sent through

Spectrum was here Saturday, tech said uplink was hanging. So I went ahead and got their modem/router.

He said contact netgear since it was purchased in Jan. I emailed them but haven’t heard back.

I did google how to fix uplink hanging. I might attempt that. Do you think that would work?

Thank you for the information, Spectrum tech said they will not update firmware. I believe you but you cannot get anywhere with them. I’m just pissed cause I spent $300.00 and I specifically asked Spectrum prior to purchasing the Netgear router/combo would they update Netgear’s firmware. Oh yes…