Free online tax filing ... How do they make any money?

Yeah, the iRS- and most of the rest of the government- is really bad at this. It is due to the way Government contracts are done (slow)and how Federal employees are paid (just OK, thus young programmer hotshots arent working for the government, except maybe the NSA).

I may have missed the question from another, but I have a couple of tax return questions.

1. I am on disability–non working [understanding I don’t have to pay taxes], I asked them to take out 15% from my disability. The first time I did that, I received all taxes back.

a. After skipping a year without filing

b. in the last three years I did work, but haven’t filed yet.

1. My roommate volunteered me to chauffeur church friends around because they are elderly & can no longer drive.

a. She told them I would be happy to.

I. one person gave me a little some-some for driving her around at times

II. another did not have means to offer me anything

III. the last offered a bus pass. Later she needed overnight care & offered to pay me. It turned into a paying job requiring F-1090.

I have not filed taxes for 4 years. I’m having a time trying to get the forms to fill out/file.

Would I be able to file for those years I missed?
The jobs I had while on disability, would I get to file for those?
Oh! Important question, how would I be able to get my past W-4s & F-1090?

Most disability is non-taxable. You wouldnt even have to file if that’s all you have. It is easy to find out if yours is taxable- did they send you a 1099 or W2 indicating taxable amount?

III- you’d have to file a Sch C for that, maybe just a Sch C EZ

You dont need your W4s.

By 1090 you mean 1099? The IRS can do that. best is the person who you were working for/ who paid you.