Fuck cacti!

Well, it’s not exactly a badge of honor. :frowning:

Did you have to suckle them?

Hey baby, do you want a cactus job?

I’m sure the cactus actually stepped into your way on purpose. Just the latest in the “Cacti Strike Back, Summer 2012”

Here another one of them has gone on the attack: http://www.wotshappening.com/man-in-intensive-care-after-16-foot-cactus-falls-pinning-him-to-the-ground/

“Man in intensive care after 16-foot-cactus falls pinning him to the ground”

Pretty sure it is a prickly pear- looks extremely similar. It doesnt have fruit, but tumor-like growths where the flowers sprout. And where the damned tiny spines come from.

I don’t understand what your far-Right, quasi-Fascist, political leanings have to do with cacti. Cite

To clarify: when Snowboarder Bo says “Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there” he is using Freeper secret code to proclaim his everlasting love for Michele Bachmann.

Well, to put this in perspective, at least you have a loved one that can do this for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

That sounds right. Those tumors should round out and turn red, and then you can eat them. They’re not bad if you know how to avoid the spines, which I don’t.

Frankly I find the thought of putting something like that in my mouth…horrifying :eek:

Fuck the Cacti, just don’t jump the Cholla, then you’ll understand real pain.

I thought it was Huey Lewis…

True, don’t eat it whole. You cut one in half and scoop out the insides, like a kiwi. I didn’t get any spines in my mouth (thank og).

Now when you pick a pawpaw or a prickly pear, and you prick a raw paw, next time beware. Don’t pick the prickly pear by the paw. When you pick a pear try to use the claw. But you don’t need to use the claw when you pick a pear of the big pawpaw.

Kindly fornicate yourself with a cactus.

I see I was beaten to the punch. Well, I stand by what I said.

Cacti are Eeeeevil!

Once, years ago, I was forced to go on a class fossil hunt for a geology class I was taking. The prof warned us there would be cacti. What he didn’t say was that the cacti would throw their needles at you on purpose and these weren’t TINY needles. Oh no…those fuckers were at least an inch or two long and about as big around as a chopstick. Those fuckers HURT.

And who do you think spent most of the day whimpering and yanking cactus spines out of her legs instead of digging in the dirt for funny rocks? Yup…that would be me.

OMG I <3 you so hard right now.:smiley: And now that damn song is stuck in my head. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, yes, the dreaded blow gun cactus, very common in Indiana Jones movies, nightmares, and bad acid trips. Stay away from them for sure!

(And shun the frumious bandersnatch.)

Top tip for removing cactus spines – especially those pesky Opuntias* or any other fine spined varieties: spread a layer of glue over the affected skin and when it dries scrape it off and the spines come out with it.

Edited to add this is no good for cacti in the hair, poor OP.

• I used to grow cacti but I wouldn’t grow those.