Fuck you, Chik-Fil-A, and your overpriced shake

Yeah, okay, it was tasty enough. But $2.93 good? :eek: Not in my book!

I’m not happy about the Bible-thumpin’ snake-handlin’ speakin’-in-tongues attitude, either. :mad:

Your brownies suck, too.

Well, if their prices are too high and their brownies suck just don’t go their again. It’s not as if you are being forced to buy their food and drink.

Methinks your* real* problem is not with the comestibles though, but with their “Closed on Sunday’s” orientation. For me, I think their sandwiches and food is tasty, at least at the local outlet in our mall, so I could care less what religion the founder practices.

So, just don’t go there anymore, and you won’t get your blood pressure up over something so inconsequential as fast food prices.

Especially when you can get your blood pressure up over something that really matters, such as Chik-Fil-A’s support of James Dobson’s bigoted Focus on the Family political organization.

Their food is quite good.
However, I am steamed about the way too high prices of smoothies everywhere.

Do they really?

I only know of Chik-Fil-A from here, and when I mentioned them in conversation with my American coloc, he informed me that their name is pronounced “Chick Fillet.”

I would like to add that to the long list of reasons why Chik-Fil-A is a blight upon the land.

Fuck you, Chick-fillah. You go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

Their most evil deed is that they don’t have any locations in Chicago. Bastards.

Yes. My children got one of their kids meals once, and the prize was a CD with a story on it. The CD was put out by Focus on the Family.

I remember when they were giving out cassette tapes.

I’ve all but given up on eating at Chick-fil-a any more, with one exception: the one in the food court at the Student Center on campus. That’s only because the money earned at that one doesn’t go directly to the parent company, but to the franchisee for the area.

I remember those tapes. elfbabe got one of those when she was about 9 or so. It featured dialogue with George Washington and some kid magically transported from the present to the Revolutionary war. It had ol’ George publicly praying and inviting the kid to pray along with him, proclaiming out loud that Jesus Christ was their Savior.

Not too historically in accordance with what was known about Washington.

Even then, elfbabe could identify BS when she heard it. :slight_smile:

We’re getting a Chik-Fil-A under similar circumstances. I have no problems getting lunch there.

Robin

Didn’t you mean ‘bustards’?

$2.93 for a milkshake is expensive?

Here in Boston, we know ice cream. There are no Chik-Fil-A’s here. We have numerous local stores that make great ice cream, and, consequently, great milkshakes (except we call them frappes, milkshakes being the same thing minus the ice cream). However, a damn good shake can easily be upwards of $4.00.

Great, now I need to head over to Toscanini’s.

You and me both. I’ll never go out of my way to go to Chik-fil-A, but the choices here on campus are a bit limited. So far, the campus location has not attemped to impose any hyper-Christianity on me (yet). I get enough conservative Christianity thown at me by the shouting evangelist-wanna-be guy who sometimes preaches outside the UK Student Center; I don’t need any more of that by the time I get inside the building.

If I have the time, then I’ll walk to the Subway on Limestone instead.

Yeah, for a fast food one that’s not as big as it looks. :mad: At least I thought so.

Here’s a tip, straight from the Cid: stop ingesting crap. You’ll have many fewer things to bitch about.

And that’s one to grow on.

Yes, but a chocolate milkshake at Chick-Fil-A’s has 730 calories and 26gs of fat. $2.93 seems little to pay for all the crap your getting in one. Ick.

How do people knowingly eat this stuff?

If you want a real shake, go to SteakNShake. It’s ChikFilA, what do you expect?

At least they weren’t five dollar shakes.

Well, don’t you sound like fun… :rolleyes: