Fucking maskholes and vaxholes

Like Mr. Gambino said: This is America.

What a shitshow.

To be clear: fuck the dead guy. Fuck him with a red hot poker. I do not care about him.

But the poor guy who got stabbed? That’s some bullshit right there.

This shit has got to stop, and it has to stop in favor of intelligence and knowledge and compassion.

Ignorance and hatred are not the qualities that anyone wants to deal with, and America has far more supply than it needs.

Great, as if it isn’t tough enough to buy a plain mask now I need a bullet/stab proof one.
CMC

That’s one officer involved shooting that I won’t criticise. I wish the officer well, and I wish her peace that this doesn’t haunt her. The dude asked for it.
And a 77 year old that has seen and suvived who knows what evil in that time gets stabbed for admonishing a douchebag.
At least he’s a dead douchebag now. Rest In Hell.

Well. I’ve heard it all.

All I need is an errant asteroid to land right on top my house.

The world has gone to crap in a basket.

Not the world, Beck, just the United States.

True dat!

I REALLY don’t understand how masks became such a politically fraught subject.
:mask: :confounded:

It started at the so-called top.

The GOP is a white nationalist, anti-science political movement and their ignorance and hate has been weaponized.

Happens all over. Hopefully not as often as here. I’m sure the US is their inspiration.

From the article:

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, a Republican, said masks are important. But he also urged the general public not to confront people over a lack of a mask.

“There is no reason to risk your health or your life over the debate of wearing masks in public,” Shirkey said.

I mean he’s right, but if everyone just ignores the maskholes, then fewer people will wear masks.

ETA: And I need to figure out how to do quote tags, I guess.

Last time I was at Walmart, I saw a display of multipacks of plain ones (choice of white or black) by Hanes. IIRC, $7.50, can’t recall right now if it was a 3- or 5- pack.

I didn’t buy any on that occasion, since both DH and I favor plastic face shields.

Do face shields provide any protection to the other people? I thought they’re only good for stopping dead-on sneezes and such from hitting you in the face. The same air flows around the sides as is all around you, doesn’t it? They’re not sealed in any way, are they? It seems like they’re little or no better than holding a clear plastic page protector in front of your face.

Based on what I see on the inside of the shield after a day of use on public transit and when not at my desk or eating while at work, it’s blocking stuff I produce as well, at least as well as masks that don’t really seal on the face would. I do keep some physical distance anyway.

Being able to see where I’m going helps a LOT, and I have yet to find a mask that doesn’t fog my glasses, even the ones with metal strips across the nose.

No one’s said anything about the face shields at work or on the bus, other than asking where to get them.

The gist of the article is that the shield possibly protects you better than a mask - it doesn’t talk much about protecting other people from you.

Aren’t the morons aware that wearing masks defeats the facial recognition software that the Democratic Party is using to track the movements of every American?

I have an awfully hard time seeing how something with open air flow on both sides and bottom is functionally any different than holding a clear page protector in front of your face. Or different than a cashier sitting behind a plexiglass shield but not wearing a mask. Health care workers use face shields in conjunction with masks to protect their eyes from spewed droplets.

Masks are definitely more of a pain. Surgical ones seem to fog my glasses the least. I have to wear them for long periods of time the days I go in to work. I do have a cloth one I like that I had to sew in 2 metal strips (cheap on Amazon) to seal it off better.

That’s okay. They are installing cranial implants with every Covid “test” they do.

So that’s why they shove that swab up so far!

Wake up, sheeple!