Fucking REMFS Wearing Winged daggers

[QUOTE=Lust4Life]
Apologies for running on and on!its some sort of compulsion! Ref the pit,still quite new ,still learning,the funeral was for an old mate, military ,combat soldier in a British elite special forces unit who was entitled to wear the “winged dagger” badge .Support personell are needed by all units but I knew these R.E.MF.s for many years and they are blowhards claiming credit for a combat reputation that is not theirs and wearing a badge that is not theirs.I painted my yellow stripes at specific individuals not S.P. generally. As to Monstros difficulty in understanding long words ,sorry me old mate not my problem,I can abridge but I cant increase your vocab and ignorance isn`t a virtue. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

How about posting in fucking English instead of pretentious military gobbledegook?

[QUOTE=elucidator]
I respect the courage of the combat soldier. I am in awe of the combat medic.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve never met a Marine that had anything but highest praise for the corpsmen and I know that corpsmen have traditionally earned more than their share of medals and honors (I believe they are the most decorated branch of the military) but I don’t see where they are more awe-worthy than the common army grunt or marine jarhead rushing into battle. Is it because these are people trying to preserve life in the midst of death’s courtyard or something else?

[QUOTE=col_10022]
…Is it because these are people trying to preserve life in the midst of death’s courtyard or something else?
[/QUOTE]

That isn’t enough? I won’t pretend you should abandon your notions of courage and adopt mine. But I think it takes a special brand of courage to face the enemy unarmed, carrying only mercy, morphine and bandages. YMMV.

[QUOTE=PoorYorick]
For this, you will be assigned to Dante’s little-known Tenth Circle of Hell.
[/QUOTE]

But I haven’t shown you my campaign medal depicting a well-hung man clutching a shovel yet: it’s a Wanged Digger.

[QUOTE=Scissorjack]
But I haven’t shown you my campaign medal depicting a well-hung man clutching a shovel yet: it’s a Wanged Digger.
[/QUOTE]

What about my badge of Tim Westwood*

*Guaranteed to make fuck all sense to anyone who’s not listened to Radio 1’s hiphop slot.

[QUOTE=elucidator]
That isn’t enough? I won’t pretend you should abandon your notions of courage and adopt mine. But I think it takes a special brand of courage to face the enemy unarmed, carrying only mercy, morphine and bandages. YMMV.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel pretty much like you where medics are concerned, but about that “unarmed” thing…the combat medics I served with carried .45’s and hand grenades, extra ammo for the grunts and even spare batteries for the radio. In fact the medic in my unit was as hard charging, if not more than the rest of us he just had to carry more gear. Not saying they are not brave just that the unarmed sister of mercy image is not all that accurate. Medics like every soldier have a job to do.

[QUOTE=Gary Kumquat]
What about my badge of Tim Westwood*
[/QUOTE]

Danged wigga!

Of course, there’s also my badge of a rugby player having the shit-encrusted hair shorn off his arse {and I guarantee that no-one except maybe Kiwis or Aussies will get that one}.

[QUOTE=Scissorjack]
Of course, there’s also my badge of a rugby player having the shit-encrusted hair shorn off his arse {and I guarantee that no-one except maybe Kiwis or Aussies will get that one}.
[/QUOTE]

Dagged winger?

Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light, recently sent a hairpiece maker to heck.

The poor soul is now a Danged Wigger.

Arrr. That’s what I get for leaving the browser on this page for the last hour …

[QUOTE=Lust4Life]
Apologies for running on and on!its some sort of compulsion! Ref the pit,still quite new ,still learning,:slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Keep practicing, it is worth being legible if you have something worth saying.

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
If we ever needed confirmation as to the effectiveness of the British grammar school system, Lust4Life provides it in spades.

Bravo!
[/QUOTE]

I teach in a top English school.
I’d like to say that, whichever school Lust4Life went to, they would be ashamed of his writing. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=shizaru]
Ah, but if you didn’t earn it…well, you get in trouble for wearing it. Its against regulations to wear a decoration that you didn’t earn. Remember the Admiral that got in trouble for it about ten years ago? (I can’t remember his name)

WhatI think the OP is complaining about is something that cooks, technicians and whatever are authorized to wear, but he feels that they don’t deserve it. (If they weren’t authorized to wear it he could go to his chain of command for action instead of bitching about it here).

It is kind of small minded, however to be upset because the people he’s mad at aren’t combat arms troops. They’re still soldiers, airmen,sailors and marines. If they’re authorized to wear it, so be it…and it takes a lot of support to folks to support one guy in the field. They’re jobs are just as important as the OP’s. I think this post is half troll, half sour grapes.
[/QUOTE]

Civillian army brat and navy spouse of a career submariner here. I knew exactly what he was talking about without needing a translater.

I also think since it was the pit, he was blowing off steam in an approved manner.

I know others have hit a post in the pit with nothing but about a dozen good fucks, and maybe a sentance of coherent english.

Let the guy have his rant, will you? It can be hard enough losing a buddy and not being able to rant locally, when the pit exists as a place to have a good cathartic rant.
<looks around and notices I havent really been foulmouthed> FUCK SHIT PISS COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER and TITS. [so I liked Carlin when I was younger]

[QUOTE=glee]
I teach in a top English school.
[/QUOTE]

Which one?

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
Which one?
[/QUOTE]

An approved school perchance?

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
Which one?
[/QUOTE]

On the Internet, I prefer to stay relatively anonymous.

(If you’re really interested, you can work it out from my posts.)

I’m still waiting on the OP’s responses to my questions upthread.

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
If we ever needed confirmation as to the effectiveness of the British grammar school system, Lust4Life provides it in spades.

Bravo!
[/QUOTE]

I missed where Lost4Life said he went to a grammar school? And you do know their are very few such schools in Britain any more, nor have there been for many years.

[QUOTE=Bippy the Beardless]
I missed where Lost4Life said he went to a grammar school? And you do know their are very few such schools in Britain any more, nor have there been for many years.
[/QUOTE]

There were lots when I finished primary school, and that was just over ten years ago.

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
There were lots when I finished primary school, and that was just over ten years ago.
[/QUOTE]

Strange, I finished at a grammar school in Slough almost 20 years ago and there were only about a hundred grammar schools in the entire country at the time. Have they been re-introduced? Do people still need to pass an exam at the age of 11 or 12 to get into one?