Fucking REMFS Wearing Winged daggers

[QUOTE=Gary Kumquat]
What about my badge of Tim Westwood*

*Guaranteed to make fuck all sense to anyone who’s not listened to Radio 1’s hiphop slot.
[/QUOTE]

Neer heard it, but I can imagine what you mean, and it’s very damned funny.

[QUOTE=TroubleAgain]
Neer heard it, but I can imagine what you mean, and it’s very damned funny.
[/QUOTE]

“Never”, dammit. And I didn’t scroll down and ready any other responses before I posted that, either.

[QUOTE=Dr. Rieux]
How about posting in fucking English instead of pretentious military gobbledegook?
[/QUOTE]

Yep my fault ,I overestimated your general knowledge even though R.E.M.F was American in origin,and not too long ago at that .You obviously never watch war movies ;or if you do you must have a bit of an retention problem .Must admit I`ve never heard army slang called pretentious before !

I apologise for your ignorance and I faithfully promise never to overestimate your erudition ever again.If theres any words in this post that are too long for you or too difficult for you to understand then I can only say that its a cruel ,harsh world at times and you`ll just have to look them up or give in to difficulty and not read the post .

Im an adult talking to adults so I use the language of grown ups to communicate.Many thanks for your advice on how I should post ,Ive no doubt that your own "pearls of wisdom "set the standards for Dopers worldwide.

[QUOTE=Lust4Life]
I`m an adult talking to adults so I use the language of grown ups to communicate.
[/QUOTE]
Adults put spaces after punctuation. Like this.

[QUOTE=Antonius Block]
About one-third of the way down the aforelinked page (section titled “Slang Acronyms”):Lust4Life, thanks for the clarification. So, “JH” was a friend of yours (sorry for your loss) and there’s no accompanying news source to link to. Personally, I’d like it if you’d stick around the SDMB, but not post in a stream-of-consciousness manner with no background info. We’re not inside your head you know! (Probably just as well… :wink: )
[/QUOTE]

Its the voices ,those damned voices that make me this way!

[QUOTE=levdrakon]
.

Okay, on preview I see the OP is back, he is talking about the British SAS and knows for a fact, there were people wearing a badge they never earned.

That’s pretty tacky.

But Lust4Life, your typing is atrocious, your spelling is atrocious, and your grammar is atrocious. Don’t blame others for not being able to sort out what the fuck it was that was spewing out of your brain but not making it onto the page.

BTW, I thought REMF was US military slang. Brits use it too?
[/QUOTE]

Its not me its the drink ! To be honest my alibi is that I was suffering from a major lack of sleep at the time of posting and thats what I`m going to tell the police

.As to spelling ,after your War of Independence one of “yours” reformed “American English"spelling on a vaguely phonetic basis so now you write"plow”,“color” and so on,we write “plough”,“colour” etcetera My grammar may appear unfamiliar as I speak a different dialect to you but it most certainly isn`t attrocious !Brits understand “American English” and for that matter Aussie and to a certain extent Caribbean English due to media imports but living in a continent wide nation a lot of Americans are not only unfamiliar with differences in English word structure world wide but many are unaware that there ARE differences which I still find incredible!

British and American soldiers have excercised together and fought alongside each other in conflicts as fellow N.A.T.O. members for many decades and share quite a few slang terms and the same operational terms so as to prevent misunderstandings in combat .So yes we do say remf ,we`ve even been known to put “gas” in our vehicles and we DONT ask Yanks if they “want a fag” :slight_smile:

As a fellow Brit; levdrakon is right.

You can’t blame your spelling and grammar problems on differences in dialect.

[QUOTE=monstro]
Several Dopers in the past have requested that the OPer make himself more plain, and he refuses to do so. I am hardly a fount of perfect English, but if you can’t respect your audience by writing in standard format, why should people bother responding to you in a respectful way?

I’m just going to assume you’re mentally handicapped. That will save me the trouble of cussing you out.
[/QUOTE]

And Im going to assume that youre just too lazy or otherwise incapable of learning how to communicate on an adult level.It seems that as soon as anything becomes difficult for you then the other person involved automatically becomes an “asshole”.

Reference a previous posting ;in the u.k. we spell it “arsehole”.

[QUOTE=Sam Stone]
Uh, there are no ‘front lines’ in Iraq, and a good number of American casualties have been drivers and technicians. Same with Afghanistan. QUOTE I fully agree with everything you say and those guys have my deepest respect .But the people I pitted made damn sure that they never ever left the U.K or went anywhere near combat or even hard work! On the few occasions they were actually prised away from U.K. base it was to go on ARMY ski-ing holidays or similar.

Looks like your hunch was right, Revenant Threshold. Whoa, does that mean you’re psychic? Will you read my chakras?

[QUOTE=jjimm]
Lust4Life, you may have a point in your OP, but it’s well-nigh fucking incomprehensible.

However, in general, your posts are incoherent, often inappropriate, and occasionally needlessly insulting.

? I really, really hope you’re not Andy McNab in his spare time, because you’re going to drive your editor to an early grave. I also hope not, because so far on this board you’ve been an embarrassment to our nation.
[/QUOTE]

I believe "McNab"s work is ghosted . I am not a remf. Speaking honestly is not being needlessly insulting ,its all to easy for a M.B. to descend into a nice cosy little cosensus instead of a real debate which is when those lacking in any real ability to make a contribution to the discussion based on facts and logic attack the style of the poster instead of the content ,or call him silly names that they`d probably never dare to do face to face . When somebody is reduced to apostrophe counting and similar desperate measures it suggests to me at least that the poster is intellectually bankrupt and has far too much time on their hands .

I hold my hands up to occasional incoherence after enjoying a pubs hospitality or when desperately short of sleep but thats something I`m trying to eradicate.

If I do actually become an embarrassment ,and being human and still learning ,no doubt I do! I embarrass myself only !I am not speaking for the nation I`m speaking for myself !

Which incidentally is what you do ,I think you hold yourself in a little bit too high esteem if you presume to act as the U.Ks arbiter and spokesman on M.B presentation ,when were you appointed /voted into the position ?

Again and again Ive had whiney little posts from moral cowards about how they CANT understand the posts or how I missed out a semi-colon after word 16 line 5 !but not so many actually refuting the points Ive made . I suggest you take the easy way out and not read my posts but go on to easier meat.

[QUOTE=Monty]
May I ask the OP a few questions? Thought so, thanks.

  1. How do you know those individuals were not entitled to wearing said award?
  2. Are you privy to their service records?
  3. What instruction, regulation, manual, or law governs the issue and wear of that particular award?
  4. Are you completely unaware that Combat Support and Combat Service Support troops are not civilians?
    [/QUOTE]

I know because Iknow the people themselves and their military histories ,soldiers tell in conversation to other soldiers things that are relevant to the unit they are serving with or supporting particulary if its something that merits respect.

Not being a" barrackroom Lawyer" I have no idea whatsoever what "instruction,regulation,manual or law " Sheesch!covers the badge.

I thought it was blindingly fucking obvious to even the densest of people that "civilians in uniform "was used against these individuals in an abusive ,not literal sense ,og give me strength !

[QUOTE=Revenant Threshold]
As a fellow Brit; levdrakon is right.

You can’t blame your spelling and grammar problems on differences in dialect.
[/QUOTE]

Ah but I can and I did!

[QUOTE=Revenant Threshold]
Adults put spaces after punctuation. Like this.
[/QUOTE]

Im very tired now but ill just give a little English lesson.“Im" actually is a shortened version of "I am ", the apostrophe replaces the "a",you do NOT write Im,EVER it would be meaningless!You do not write” Ill `," it is an abbreviation of “I will”. Its unbelievable ,not only are my posts getting nitpicked about punctuation and spelling instead of their content but the morons doing it are hopelessly wrong ! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Bippy the Beardless]
Strange, I finished at a grammar school in Slough almost 20 years ago and there were only about a hundred grammar schools in the entire country at the time. Have they been re-introduced? Do people still need to pass an exam at the age of 11 or 12 to get into one?
[/QUOTE]

I went to a grammar school on the south coast ,yes I did have to pass the 11+ examination to get enrolled and no it is no longer a grammar school but a comprehensive school.

[QUOTE=Lust4Life]
Yep my fault ,I overestimated your general knowledge even though R.E.M.F was American in origin,and not too long ago at that .You obviously never watch war movies ;or if you do you must have a bit of an retention problem…
[/QUOTE]
Maybe you could give us the names of some of these movies that use R.E.M.F.?
Here’s a list List of war films.

CMC fnord!
Who watches a lot of war films and knows what a “Rear Echelon Mother Fucker” is, can point to a film that shows a REMF (Full Metal Jacket;
**LIEUTENANT LOCKHART:**JOKER, I’ve had my ass in the grass. Can’t say I liked it much. Lots of bugs and too dangerous. As it happens, my present duties keep me where I belong. In the rear with the gear.), but can’t think of a movie that uses the acronym in dialog.

[QUOTE=glee]
I teach in a top English school.
I’d like to say that, whichever school Lust4Life went to, they would be ashamed of his writing. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

               Well no doubt you WOULD like to say that but you`d be wrong .I totally believe that you`re a teacher,you`re a classic example of todays educational standards in the U.K judging by your wording though I hope to og not of English Language .Are you a product of modular "A" levels and course work ?Followed by a years instruction at university in basic literacy and numeracy before you went on to do your modular degree?   

    It saddens me ,if you`re teaching at a "top"school what chance have the kids attending a state school in an inner city area ?   

         For non Brit dopers "A" levels are the exams taken at the end of "school"education  to gain places at university .  

        And now having had no sleep for 24 hours I`m off,no doubt I`ve left some irregular spacings in some of the latter ,maybe all.postings  but you`ll just have to be brave little soldiers ,stop your bottom lip trembling ,hold back the tears and try to read them (or not)anyway ,who knows ?you may even be called on to tie your own shoelaces at some stage!

Here’s a little bit of advice on the English language, believe it or not this both applies to Brits and Americans:

The standard English language keyboard has a “apostrophe” key. This key, when input in an internet form like this creates a character that looks like this:

------> ’ <---------

This character is used thus:

I’m, you’re, we’re, it’s, John’s toy, isn’t, didn’t, wouldn’t

Those are just some examples.

This ` that you are fond of using is what is called a “Grave accent.” For an explanation of its use in English and on English language keyboards you can check out this link.

It also appears you are having some difficulty with punctuation. I’ll give you some examples of how not to use punctuation marks, and then some examples of how to use them.

For the wrong examples I’ll take things you’ve actually done in this post:

Wrong

English Language .Are you


Note here, that the last word in this particular sentence was “Language” (I’ll ignore the incorrect capitalization) after the word language there should be a period. You correctly use said period, but unfortunately you decide to add two spaces after the word “Language” and then no space between that period and the first word of the new sentence.

In general the proper form is thus:

English Language. Are you

It’s considered standard to place the period immediately after the last word of a sentence, and when typing you should use two spaces after any period, in general (although two spaces is not strictly required, at least one is.)
As a final example I’ll retype one of your passages correctly (at least in regard to punctuation, I’ll ignore word usage and general grammar for now) in the hopes you will realize your mistakes better:


Well no doubt you would like to say that but you’d be wrong. I totally believe that you’re a teacher, you’re a classic example of today’s educational standards in the U.K. judging by your wording though I hope to og not of English language. Are you a product of modular “A” levels and course work? Followed by a years instruction at university in basic literacy and numeracy before you went on to do your modular degree?

Study that for awhile and come back if you have any questions.

[QUOTE=Martin Hyde]
The standard English language keyboard has a “apostrophe” key.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, it has an apostrophe key.

Despite Lust4lLife’s erroneous use of the grave accent instead of the apostrophe and also his puntuation errors, he has a point in post 17.

No, I’m not supporting him because I’m a fellow Brit. I’m just saying.