Fucking Taco Bell sucks dead donkey farts!!

Goddamnit, it’s not rocket science. Just fucking push the buttons, register biscuit. That’s all I ask. But no…

Here’s the story: About two weeks ago I went into the local Taco Bell (there is only one in this town), and ordered two burritos and two chalupas, and a drink. Total was $9.52. I whip out my debit card, they swipe it, I sign the nearly unreadable receipt, eat my food and go on my merry way.

Two days later, a charge shows up on my card for $95.52. I could not fucking believe it. Who the fuck buys nearly $100 worth of Taco Bell’s crappy food?!? I called TB, let them know what was up, they said they’d correct the charge by the end of the week… Yeah, right. I called my bank, told them what was up, they said the merchant probably couldn’t issue a credit, but they’d start looking into it. I got a case number from my bank.

Four days later (Monday), I start notice my bank balance has mysteriously gone to a negative amount (this after depositing over $1100 on Friday). My bank apparently neglected to apply the checks I deposited. And since TB overcharged me, things are racking up overdraft fees as they hit my much-abused bank account.

I counted $246 in overdraft fees that wouldn’t have occured if Taco Fucking Bell had fixed their overcharge. So, armed with a copy of my bank statement, I marched in and spoke with their general manager - she said they’d refund the charge… Where have I heard this speech before? So I waited while she got on the phone and spoke to the company that processes cards for them. And, miracle of miracles, they manage to run a credit memo for the entire amount. And then they had the fucking audacity to charge me for my original bill ($9.52). I told them I was not signing off on that charge until they had done something about my overdraft fees. I fucking watched the goddamn manager write VOID in big fucking letters on that receipt.

So I checked this morning - my bank has issued a provisional credit for the original charge ($86 difference). And Taco Bell has refunded my the original charge ($95.52). So I can call the bank and let them have the provisional credit, except - Taco Fucking Bell fucking charged me another goddamn $9.52!! Motherfuckers!! I did not authorize that charge!!!

I have fucking had it up to here with these assholes - I’m taking a co-worker with me as a witness when I go into TB once they open today. They have five business days to refund my goddamn $9.52, refund me the $246 from the overdrafts, or I’m going to take this to court - I can pursue a civil action against them for the monetary damages, and since they made an unauthorized charge to my account, I can get them for criminal fraud - say goodbye to the ability to process cedit cards, cause ain’t no credit bureau gonna like it when they see VOID on that slip instead of my signature.

So, in short, never ever eat at Taco Bell - as if the ass-fucking from their nasty food wasn’t enough, you can also get fucked over by their incompetent button-pushing morons that can’t fucking figure out that there’s only one 5 in $9.52.

As a side note, I used to work in food service, and I was in charge of clearing the credit card machine at the end of the night - if I had noticed a charge like the one they made, I would have checked to make sure it matched a food order. It’s not that hard to correct these things.

How was your drink?

expensive?

who buys fast food with a credit card? is that normal now?

Sorry SteelWolf. That’s an effing lot of hassle for some crappy Mexican food. The one time I found some bogus overcharges like that, my bank worked quickly to correct the situation. Hope yours does too.

He used his debit card, not a credit card.

JuanitaTech, Queen of the Debit Card Users.

That sucks. It also reminds me why I always use a credit card instead of a debit card.

I’m glad I gave up on that shithole long ago, mostly in order to protect my own shithole.

A TB meal inevitably made me ill “south of the border.” The only thing I ran for was the bathroom.

Then, I went out west and discovered a chain called Pollo Loco.

Why the hell does TB still exist with competition like that?

And why the fuck am I still waiting for crazy chicken in Massachusetts?

Wow. I’ll bet this makes you wish you’d looked at the total and verified that the register biscuit had punched it in right before you hit the OK button or signed the slip…

Wesley Clark: Me, apparently, and a lot of other people. I hate carrying cash, so I use my debit card for small charges - anything more than about $20, I’ll go pull cash out of an ATM, or write a check.

lieu: Me too. At least I switched from Bank Against America a while back.

porcupine: I would use a CC instead of a DC, if I had one. Stupid student loans…

Nangleator: Tell me about it! I hate this town - we supposedly have one of the highest fast food restaurant/population ratios in the state, but all of the places here suck ass! No Wendys, the Arbys is full of flies, McDonalds can’t ever make anything right, and the Burger King was closed for a wekk a while back due to health violations. I’ve eaten at Pollo Loco in Las Vegas, and loved it. There was also another Mexican food chain there (forgot the name of it) that specialized in seafood of all things - I had a lobster taco and it was delicious. And it was a fast-food place! Never heard of Crazy Chicken, though.

Otto: Yeah, me too. In my defense, they have a chronic problem with the ink in their printer - namely, there isn’t any. The top slip prints very faint, if at all, and the bottom (impact-type) slip isn’t any better. All I can figure is the pinch rollers in the machine are too tight and it’s squeezing the receipt so the whole bottom copy comes out black.

Pollo Loco = crazy chicken, at least as far as my limited knowledge of Spanish would suggest. It’s just my nickname for them.

There’s a chain slowly spreading around here called Panera. You must try, if you can.

California Pizza Kitchen can also cause spontaneous orgasms.

I was very happy when McDonalds opened a booth in my local mall food court. Not because I like their food, but because the lines at all the other places disappeared as the sheep lined up for the big name burger.

Pollo Loco = Spanish for Crazy Chicken

Hope you get the problem worked out in your favor SteelWolf.

In every debit pad I’ve ever used, there is a LCD panel that displays the amount total and asks you to hit “OK” before you can put in your PIN number and whatnot.

It sucks that you got screwed around, but an ounce of prevention and all that…

You signed a debit card? Is this something in the states that Canada doesn’t understand? :confused:

Sorry you got screwed, but you’re not going to have much luck with this. First, you owe TB $9.52, and you certainly did authorize the charge – when you signed the slip the first time. You bought food for money; you got the food, you owe the money. Second, if the reason your checks were bouncing was entirely or in part because “your bank apparently neglected to apply the checks you deposited,” you’re not going to have much luck hanging your NSF fees on TB. Third, and with respect, it is at least in part your own fault, because you had the chance to catch the error at the time you signed the slip, but you didn’t – you either didn’t read the slip, or signed a slip you couldn’t read.

I totally sympathize. For people who watch ever check they write or debit they make because they have to be careful about the amount of money they have in the bank, situations like this can really muck things up. But I don’t think you have much of a case, legally speaking.

I think the OP meant that without the $95.52 charge from Taco Bell, there would have been sufficient funds to cover his other expenses, and it just snowballed from there. I may be mis-understanding though.

Nangleator et al.: whoosh - That went right over my head. It’s been a looong week.

7 up yours et al.: It was a debit card, processed as a credit card. So, no LCD screen or pad to enter a PIN, just my signature.

Jodi: I think I have a legitimate reason for wanting my original charge refunded. Almost everywhere you go, if the store fucks up, they give you your purchase free. I’m serious - I’ve gotten free stuff from two places because they didn’t give me a receipt. In this case, I just want some goddamn courtesy out of these people. I’m tired of being treated like shit when I go to buy something. For fucks sake, people, I’m giving you money. Be a bit nicer about it. If they give me back the overdraft fees, I’ll consider going back to their shitty store and buying something else, thus letting them earn a bit of profit.

To clarify: The overcharges happened because of TB. My account balance was severely negative for a few days because my bank held my deposit. Even if they hadn’t, though, those bounces would have occurred.

Now, honestly, who among you checks every single credit card or debit card slip they sign? Not too many, I’m willing to wager. Furthermore, it doesn’t make any difference even if I didn’t catch it - they have admitted fault to me, in front of a witness. That’s all I need to go before a judge and get some satisfaction in small claims court.

Zabali_Clawbane: Exactly

Arrrrrrrrgh. It’s EL Pollo Loco. Sorry, but that’s been bugging me every time someone brings up the chain. El Pollo Loco. And yes, it is very tasty. It’s actually a Mexican chain.

El Pollo Loco is something I dearly miss out here on the East Coast. Fortunately, I found a mom and pop chicken place near my house that does a pretty good imitation of the chicken. The sides leave a lot to be desired, however.

As for why Taco Bell still exists. Well, because they offer different food. And El Pollo Loco is more expensive. There you go.