Fucking Trump and his fucking tariffs.

Of course not. Nor do they care.

From here: China could soon be called out as a currency manipulator. Here's why

From here: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/business/economy/trump-china-currency-manipulation-trade.html (note, this is from 2017)

Please see my previous comment.

You should take shallower breaths, and be grateful that we’re even allowing you that.

I’m going to beat the run on the banks and stock up on quarters just for this eventuality.

I don’t know what grade you are in, but when you get out of elementary school and enter the real world, you will find that manufacturing a product is not as simple as you and Trump think it is.

I plan on doing both, plus moving to Costa Rica. Dang, where is my passport? It is around here somewhere.

Excellent, thank you.

Given he’s worth 9 figures, perhaps not.

I’m sure he knows tons about finance, probably supply chain management, possibly HR and operations research. The fact remains, you don’t have to know about economics to make it big in the business world.

Bill Gross, formerly from PIMCO, made bad bet after bad bet.

Paul Krugman or John Paulson (the hedge fund manager): Krugman or Paulson: Who You Gonna Bet On? - Bloomberg

Bloomberg got all sneery about an econ professor daring to argue with a successful hedge fund manager.

Turns out, Paulson was all wrong: Krugman or Paulson: Who You Gonna Bet On? - The New York Times

I could go on, of course. Finance and economics are very different things. I wouldn’t trust Paul Krugman, for example, to do well trading, investing assets, funding projects, making sure the inventory was coming in, and so on and so forth. But, when it comes to macro (such as currency manipulation, trade policy, etc.), I would trust him over just about any successful businessman. They are just two different skills.

Now, this is a total hijack, so I’m not interested in arguing this further.

The businesspeople whose taxes I work on tend to come across as stupider the more money they make. Likely this is because more money allows them to spend it more freely without worrying about whether they’re getting a good value, but in the end this just really says that getting rich is more about luck than skill. Sure, working hard and understanding the ins and outs of things can make you more likely to succeed, but you never know what new forms of technology may render what you’ve invested your time and money in obsolete next year. You can never know what sorts of fashion changes there might be that suddenly cause a thriving industry to spiral downwards. You may have a great idea, but you don’t know the right people for how to implement it, so you’re forced to sell it off to those who can implement it for much less than if you could just employ those people yourself. Your idea might also happen to be come upon by someone with bigger pockets and the ability to undersell you long enough to put you out of business.

While there is certainly a correlation between hard work, intelligence, and making lots of money, it’s not nearly perfect. I would never use wealth as a stand-in for anyone’s understanding of anything.