Funkiest song ever

Which is the funkiest song ever?

I nominate Thank You (Falettinme be mice elf agin) by Sly and the Family Stone.

Flashlight by Parliament/Funkadelics

“Love Rollercoaster”. No contest.

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Play that funky music - Average White Band

Bertha Butt Boogie - Jimmy Castor Bunch. :smiley:

As suggested by my wife: Jungle Love - Morris Day and the Time.

The Big Payback – James Brown
Easin In – Edwin Starr

Play that funky music - Average White Band

That was Wild Cherry.
AWB did Pick Up The Pieces and Cut the Cake both very funky in their own right.

The Incredible Bongo Band’s version of Apache.

Thread over.

The Commodores - Machine Gun

There are some good candidates here. I’m going to suggest* DMSR by Prince, or maybe go with* NoClueBoy** with Flashlight by Parliament/Funkadelics. Now that is some funky, funky stuff.

ROFL! I don’t think I’d ever heard this song before yesterday. I was driving around, listening to the Seventies station on Sirius, and they were running “American Top 40” from this week in 1974. “Machine Gun” was roughly #22 that week.

And, here, I see it again, a day later. Spoooooky. :smiley:

Well, here’s the best duo image: George Clinton and Bootsy Collins, pilots of the Mothership of Funk. Out of everything from Parliament, the ultimate root of the style, Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker) IS the rallying cry of Funk from the 70’s.

kenobi 65, that’s funny, ‘cause I’ve heard it in a zillion places for years (Soundtracks for *Boogie Nights,*and I think Nip/Tuck, it’s also the main sample in the Beastie Boys’ Hey Ladies) but I only learned what it was a few weeks ago.

Slightly off-topic, are you having any issues with your Sirius? Ours is taking forever to acquire a signal in the last few days…

NoClueBoy’s right. Flashlight.

Kool and the Gang - Jungle Boogie
Tom Browne - Funkin’ for Jamaica

And you thought Kool and the Gang were just Celebration and Cherish.

No contest. Flashlight.

P-Funk in da house!

I once saw George & Co. play this song for 45 minutes. No one left the dance floor unless the EMTs carried them off it! TEAR THE ROOF OFF THE SUCKA!!!

I’ll throw out One Nation Under a Groovealso.