Futurama; 6ACV05 "The Duh-Vinci Code" (open spoilers)

Very nice episode! This, to me, felt the most like classic Futurama the new season has been. Absurdities, geek humor, no forced nudity, fun visual jokes and dialogue.

Then you probably also missed the scene where the ship flew through a giant FUTUROMA logo.

Wait a minute.

I remember a few episodes ago where the brain people thingys were going to destroy the universe. Then nibbler took Fry on a mission to save the universe. Apparently the brain things could not affect Fry because his brainwaves werent right. They explained that was because he was his own grandfather…or in his words he had done the nasty in the pasty.

And in this episode thats where the nasty in the pasty happens.

Have I gotten confused on the order of things or did they just foreshadow in the past episode what was going to happen in this episode?

They replayed the brain attack episode yesterday. No mention of Fry’s “ancestry” being a factor in his unusual brain waves.

It sounds like you just watched a rerun of “Roswell That Ends Well,” which is from the third season and might be the best episode of the whole series. That’s the one where Fry becomes his own grandfather. Earlier in the same season (in “The Day the Earth Stood Stupid,”) we see Fry has no delta brainwave and is immune to the Brainspawn. The line you mentioned is from “The Why of Fry” from season four, where Fry’s immunity is also a major plot point and where Nibbler’s secret, unnoticed appearance in the pilot is finally paid off.

I enjoyed it when the Professor poked Fry in the eyes from across the table with his Finglonger “Mk II.” :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thats it. I saw more than one episode last night got em confused:smack:

Is this the first Futurama episode to feature a race of “aliens” who are essentially identical to humans? I didn’t like their lack of explanation for that.

Arguably yes.

I didn’t know this but there’s a Futurama wiki. And one of its pages list all of the alien races that have appeared on the show. And the Amazonians and the Neutral People look pretty human-like. But some might disagree: the Amazonians were taller than Earthlings and the Neutral People had gray skin.

And the Osirans might count. There were apparently several alien races living on that planet. One of them looked exactly like humans but it’s possible they were humans.

I’m pretty sure they said a Wizard did it.

If you wanted to get hung up on such things, I suppose you could say that the Vincians are no more identical to the Amazonians are. The Vincians look like humans, but they are all incredible geniuses and live for millennia.