FYI: changing usernames to insult people in the Pit

Sure, I don’t see why not. I wouldn’t make a hobby out of it or anything, but otherwise I think it’s fine.

Just a thought: isn’t changing someone’s name in order to Pit them akin to calling them names as was done, oh in 4th grade?
It’s nice to have the clarification and all, but if you’re reduced to calling someone Longneck or Geoffrey or Ger’off instead of Giraffe–haven’t you already lost enough face?

Just a thought. I see no reason to ban such behavior(not that you asked!), but IMO the use of it reflects more poorly on the user than the object of derision.

Since when has immaturity been a problem around here?

Hey Giraffe, there is still some confusion, per this post by TVeblen

It seems that calling Liberal Liberaltarian comes might dang close to that prohibition.

FWIW, given his apparent wide knowledge base, calling Q.E.D. a less flattering “G.E.D.” was actually kind of funny.

I have nothing against either poster, and I’m not saying that I thought the slight was intentional. I just got a chuckle out of it is all. It probably wouldn’t be so funny if it was used again, though, but it was more clever than calling him a dumbass or blowhard or something along those lines, if that was the original intent.

I think that’s essentially what I wrote – refusing to acknowledge screenname changes or repeatedly using an old one just to piss someone is considered jerkish behavior.

What we’re really looking at is the pattern and motivation. If you’re in a heated political argument (in the Pit) and want to reference Liberal’s libertarian leanings by calling him Liberaltarian, no problem. If you start calling him Liberaltarian every time you post in the Pit, even when you aren’t interacting with him or in threads he’s not posting to, that’s kind of jerkish/trollish and may be viewed negatively.

If you’re ever unsure if a username mod is within the rules, I suggest using “assface” instead. Assface is always OK!

gigglegiggleFreezerBurngigglegiggle
Though admittedly old school - still funny.

There are so many things I did in the 4th grade that remain fun, not just that one.

Erek

Maybe it’s just the annoying literalist in me, but when I saw this thread title and thought “Cool! Now I can finally change my username to Fuck You Giraffe, You Fucking Fuck!

Not that I’d really want to do that, but it amuses me to think that I could.

Such a shame that sticking your head in the blender wasn’t one of them.

:smiley:
/gratuitous swipe

The frog never seemed to like it so I figured I would take his advice.

Erek

BURMA!

Watch it! They’ll send the Myanmarines after you! :stuck_out_tongue:

Should be “Fee Fi Fo Miberal”

Myanmar dictators should get a hint.
Was the Myanmar Road the one cleared?
Myanmarese cats can be found in print?
Did we Myanmar-Shave our beard?
Burma, durn it!

Be Upstairs Ready My Angel?

Wow, I didn’t expect the Myanmar Imposition!

NOBODY expects…a big hug! ((((Dijon Warlock))))

Well, you didn’t expect it, did you!

No, I didn’t, but my nipples explode with delight!

Maybe we should see what banhattan thinks about this.