Garments: What is the name for....

Hmm, is there a name for the strip (or stripe) of material that runs down the outer creese of an officer’s (such as a police officer’s) pant leg? (Bonus: Can anyone recommend a free, online “what’s that called” dictionary, by any chance?)


  • Jinx

Surprisingly, they are called “trouser stripes.”

How do you Google on something of which you know not on which to Google upon? - Jinx

I’ve only ever heard it called a “trouser stripe”.