Gastric Bypass Surgery
Hello again, I have decided at this time to put my Guest membership to good use. I guess this could be a poll asking for factual information. So I am putting it here in GQ. I would like to hear from people who have actually had Gastric Bypass Surgery. My wife seems to think we could get the family doctor to recommend the procedure for me. I am 5ft 8in in my shoes. I usually weigh in from 285-295 lbs. Suffer from sleep apnea. I can’t use the cpap machine. I am diabetic on pills, Doctor wants to put me on shots. Chronically fatigued. I have been suffering an unusual amount of “infections” in the last five years. From pneumonia, to a staph infection type cyst. I smoke 2 packs a day. Have had lung problems since I was a child. Asthma, Bronchitis, Smokers cough. I have been diagnosed as Bi-polar. Although one doctor said that was a load of BS. One family doctor, two psychiatrist, say yes, one counselor said no, the counselor was the only one who actually did a half-hour interveiw with me.
So for the doctors out there, do I sound like a candidate? As I am not looking for direct medical advice, a maybe yes, or probably not, will suffice. Or a list of factors that would allow you to reccomend it. How severe do I have to be before it becomes, Medically neccesary, as opposed to voluntary? I know the stomache is “stapled”, What happens to the part that is sectioned off? Is it actually cut out, or just partitioned off?
For the folks who have been through it or know someone who has gone through this…
- Was it a good experience?
- Was it a bad experience?
- How long did it take you off your feet?
- How fast did it affect your weight?
- Did it change your general outlook?
- How long did it take for you to acclimate to the changes in your body?
I want to have an Idea if this is somthing I would want to work towards. What I could reasonably expect in the real world for The good the bad and the ugly of this procedure.
Thank you in advance. Qwakkeddup
The biggest challenge there is finding where my former size imposed limits cross the limits of old age. I found out that I can no longer train in Tae Kwon Do because of arthritis, but I’m more athletically active than I ever was before, and I’ve joined the local volunteer fire department.**