Generic bullet points

On the old board, [li] used to be converted to a plain bullet (inside a [list /list] pair they could be rendered as numbers or letters, but on their own, they used to make a bullet).[/li]
Was this a standard feature or a SDMB-specific modification?

(I know we can still get them like this:
[ul]
[li]firstly[/li][li]and secondly[/li][li]Hi Opal![/li][/ul]
But I thought I’d ask (not that I’m complaining mind).

I never noticed that. To make sure I understand you correctly, let me rephrase that. Are you asserting that:
In vBulletin 1.x, [li] would convert to a bullet point even if it wasn’t inside the [ul] [/ul] vBcode tags…[/li]In vBulletin 2.x, [li] will convert to a bullet point only if it’s inside the [ul] [/ul] vBcode tags.[/li]
I don’t know about the first part, but I can easily verify the second part (as a matter of fact I just did in this post.)

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Arnold Winkelried *
In vBulletin 1.x, [li] would convert to a bullet point even if it wasn’t inside the [ul] [/ul] vBcode tags…[/li]In vBulletin 2.x, [li] will convert to a bullet point only if it’s inside the [ul] [/ul] vBcode tags.[/li][/QUOTE]

I can confirm that.

And no, we never created a custom vBcode, specific to the SDMB, to make a a bullet point. You could also make a bullet point by typing in � which would turn into a bullet point: •

Finally - to see the HTML codes for special characters, you can look here.

OK then, Mangetout, KneadToKnow - that “feature” has obviously been “corrected” in vBulletin 2.x.

That works for me.

If you wanna be really difficult about it, you could use the bullet that’s available in the symbol font, too.
[symbol]·[/symbol]

I just still write [li]. I used that just the other day actually.[/li]
I guess I’m not good with change.

[symbol]·[/symbol]
[symbol]·[/symbol]
[symbol]·[/symbol]
[symbol]·[/symbol]

I see smoke signals … they spell out … F … U …

Look, you made UncleBeer cry.

[ul][li][/ul][/li]
^ just a test

Esprix

Yeah, and they also took away the feature where you could use [****/quote] to make a horizontal line, and the feature where you could use [**/b] to change the font to Times! They don’t let us have any fun anymore!

Get back to your books, Chronos. If you have time for fun, you have time to come back and moderate.