George Lucas Says He's Sorry?

According to this article:

(Click the link to read the rest.)

Has anyone else heard anything about this? It’s not an elaborate April Fool’s Day joke, is it? No more Jar Jar, ever again, for real?

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

I just washed my cat. It’ll take me hours to get the hairs off my tongue.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp --100% certified genuine WallyM7™ sig

Hmmm, really has a “The Onion” vibe to it…

Inky

It sounds like something you’d see in The Onion. Y’know, Spielberg apologizes for E.T. being so cute/ugly, Coppola apologizes for casting his daughter in God Father III, Cameron apologizes for that stupid gunfight he slipped into Titanic. Esterhas apologizes for being born. Etc.

Cameron has yet to apologize for Titanic II: Electric Bugaloo, since it has yet to be made, or conceived of for that matter.

Reality note: Kevin Smith did apologize for all the butt jokes in Mall Rats, I think.

It’s a put-on. It’s gotta be. Did you read the rest of the article, particularly the segments about the tower of Jar Jar Binks action figures falling over and injuring several workers?

I’m sorry, but I think we’re stuck with Jar Jar.

God is my co-pilot. Blame Him.

It has to be an April Fools joke. The whole way it is written sounds sucky. The bugger is a millionare many times over and he isn’t about to crawl in front of the TV media. Plus, I certainly have not hear nor read of any unsold glut of Jar-Jar merchendise and that little blurb about cases of the stock falling on employees was something not even the National Enquirer would bother with.

Jinx! Inky owes me a Coke!

Dangit. I figured it was too good to be true, but I can dream, can’t I?

I wasn’t sure I thought it was a joke until the part about Lucas falling on his knees. Nah, I just can’t buy that. I think it’s an April fool’s joke, and that Jar Jar is probably behind the whole thing!

Judy

“Um, according to who? Nothing more than a high brow troll, though occasionally the bi polar personality swung in a constructive direction on innocuous topics.” Omniscient

Smith did apologize for the movie as a whole (not for the butt jokes, if he’d had his way there would have been more), but it was a tongue-in-cheek apology. He talks about it briefly in the director’s commentary on the Mallrats DVD.

What the…?

I didn’t say that. It was Boris B.

Great. Now the “reply” buttons are screwed up. UBB is looking more like a lemon all the time.

God is my co-pilot. Blame Him.

“They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house! [sob] I’m not made of stone!”

That’s a verbatim Simpsons quote. The state rests.

“His eyes are as green as a fresh-pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard,
I wish he was mine, he’s really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.”

Not that this story is true, but here’s something I didsee:

At a toy store at Christmas, I saw the whole collection of SW:TPM action figures. About 1/3 of them were Jar Jar Binks, marked down to $1.00. And not selling.

Wrong thinking is punished, right thinking is just as swiftly rewarded. You’ll find it an effective combination.

I saw the file date for that story. Not the one posted in the story, but the date stamp on their server. It was 4/1/2000. Methinks this in an AF joke.

Wrong thinking is punished, right thinking is just as swiftly rewarded. You’ll find it an effective combination.

It was an April Fools joke. It read like an April Fools Joke. I kept getting that The Onion vibe.

Then I checked out the links at the bottom of the article. Read the reader responses.

Also, if you look at the link for where to send the comments, this is what it says:

I think I’ve proven my point. :wink: