Gettin Your Whites thier Whitest

I love bleach (chlorine) and it does a good job but it really irritates my ashtma. I need to soak my whites to get them the whitest and since I live in a small studio I can’t do that.

Any good alternatives to Bleach? I tried soaking in DiDi 7, but it didn’t help at all.

Testor’s or Krylon flat white does it for me.

I haven’t used it that much but it might work. Buy some “blueing” solution. Stuff I buy comes in a small (6" tall) blue squeeze bottle. You let the water fill in the washer, put in your blueing (only 2-3 drops!) and soap, and then your clothes (only whites!). My washer is down the basement so it’s a hassle for me to make trips down so I don’t use it that much. Give it shot.

Also, try RIT whitener. The same company that makes RIT dye also makes a great whitener. I don’t think it’s fumey at all…

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

gee I thought you meant teeth…
if that was the case, I had this witty comment…
ask heather, I bet she has the whitest teeth you ever cum across…

oh, my sides hurt…lame joke, sorry heather!

Kelli!!! lolololol!! Stop it, my sides are splittin’!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Anyway, back to the original question- do you have rust in your water? You could try Iron Out, which makes my whites nice…we have crappy dingy looking water and it makes a big difference.

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

it must be the thread in the pit, but I have a MOJOR case of the squeeling giggles!!!

oops…that should be mAjor…giggling again…

The White House Concentrated Cold Water Soap (no relation to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.) It doesn’t list the ingredients, so for all I know it’s just expensive bleach, but it suceeds where others fail.

Try borax, or a powdered bleach instead of the liquid.