getting in and out of NYC for free

OK, to sum up, you can get between the following areas for free as follows:

Between Manhattan &The Bronx (Westchester/Connecticut):
The Willis Avenue, 3rd Ave, Madison Ave (138th St), 145 St, Macams Dam, Alexander Hamilton (179th St), Washington (181st Street), Univesity Heights (207th St), & Broadway Bridges or Henry Hudson Bridge (northbound only)

Between Mahattan & Brooklyn/Queens (Long Island):

Queensboro (59th St), Williamsburgh, Mahattan & Brooklyn Bridges

Between Manhattan/NY East of Hudson & New Jersey/NY West of Hudson:

Westbound (toward NJ): Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, George Washintgon Bridge, Tappan Zee Bridge, Bear Mountain Bridge, Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, Rip Van Winkle Bridge

Eastbound (toward NY): No bridges below Albany. In Albany, either the Dunns Memorial Bridge or Route 90 Bridge.

Just as a minor aside, I take the SBP south to Rt.100 Central Ave (Yonkers) which dumps you right onto the Major Deegan south after a half mile or so. I think that’s more direct, plus you get to go right past Yankee Stadium. Of course, that’s NOT a plus right after a Yankee playoff game, which I learned last night :smack:

I live in CT and used to drive into Manhattan a lot.

Just jump onto I-95, and get off the exit just before the GWB (I think it’s exit 1) - West Side Drive. I think this is 148th street, and just follow the WSD all the way down. I also think there’s an FDR drive exit, but I usually had to go to the west side so it was easier to get there by staying on I-95 than to try to cross mid-town.

Conversely, just follow the directions in reverse to get back home.