Getting "too old" to rewatch good stuff or risk watching questionable stuff..

I now watch the local news, TCM, and reruns on the Classic channels. Barney Miller holds up surprisingly well. I don’t have Netflix.

The thing I find I’ve cut back on is genre fiction. I cannot tell you the last new sf or fantasy novel I read (and I have a good friend working at TOR who trusts my judgement).

My Kindle is filled with “real” literature. Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Dumas, Burroughs, Baum, Cabell. I can’t find the time to read potboilers anymore.

Reminds me of the bit in Marc Maron’s Too Real Netflix standup show.

Like the OP, he’s old enough he has to decide whether watching something is worth using up the little time he has left in his life. The whole show is very funny.

I’m retired. I have nothing better to do than watch Law & Order reruns and game shows.

You’ll get there. Then you’ll be sorry.

Put me in the camp of “not enough time”.

Between kids, chores and other stuff, I have a limited amount of discretionary free time. And that free time has multiple competing activities- tv watching, video games, bike riding, reading and napping come to mind.

I’ve discovered that I’m just not much of a TV watcher- I usually opt for one of the other options. That’s not to say that I don’t watch TV, but rather that it’s usually a second or third choice of what to do with my free time. And I have enough stuff queued up that I’d like to watch that I’m not going to go rewatch anything all the way through. (I’ll still watch *Futurama *re-runs on occasion though!)