GG Allin & the Scumfucks - "Fucking the Dog" lyrics question

Is/was G. G. Allin a true punk musician or more of a performance artist?

From his discography Is “Fucking the Dog” in the song of the same name a metaphor for wasting time?
partial lyrics

He was more like a force of nature or an event, like a tornado or a car wreck. I think metaphor was a little beyond gg, and his songs about his amorous relations with his dog were to be taken at face value. This is the guy who stripped naked, crapped on stage, rolled around in it, ran around hugging the audience, and ran outside where he was arrested by the Dallas Police. And that’s one of his tamer exploits. Also, the music was truly, truly awful, not that it needed to be anything more. If you want to learn more and have a very, very strong stomach, watch the rockumantary of his life and death, Hated.

We miss ya, gg. Sort of.

I couldn’t really concentrate on GG’s lyrics. I was distracted by the microphone he was shoving up his ass. That and it’s hard for singers to articulate when they have a mouthful of shit.

For the record, the guy was a performance artist IMHO.

As for the song, “walking the dog” is drug dealer slang for maintaining a heroin (“dog food”) habit. Maybe GG. couldn’t bear to go a full verse without cursing and changed it. He did die of an OD instead of killing himself on stage like he promised so many times.

By the way, ever since I first heard about “walking the dog,” I can’t listen to the Rufus Thomas song the same way. “If you don’t know how to do it / I’ll show you how to walk the dog.”

Walking the dog may be a metaphor for shooting up heroin but this is GG Allen we are talking about. He was a junky but I really doubt he was talking about shooting up heroin. I have to agree with pravnik here and say that it should be taken quite literally. He was talking about fucking his dog. I think if he could have gotten away with it, he would have fucked a dog on stage. Well, if he could find a dog that wouldn’t freak out on stage he would have.

Another vote for literal interpretation.

I really haven’t been able to eat bananas since I saw Hated.

He was more like a force of nature or an event, like a tornado or a car wreck. I think metaphor was a little beyond gg, and his songs about his amorous relations with his dog were to be taken at face value. This is the guy who stripped naked, crapped on stage, rolled around in it, ran around hugging the audience, and ran outside where he was arrested by the Dallas Police. And that’s one of his tamer exploits. Also, the music was truly, truly awful, not that it needed to be anything more. If you want to learn more and have a very, very strong stomach, watch the rockumantary of his life and death, Hated.

We miss ya, gg. Sort of.

Okay, that was weird. How did I doublepost three hours apart?