Ghost World

You should rent Tree’s Lounge. A movie he wrote and directed. He plays a pretty much down on his luck loser in that one too. I love it.

That is exactly what my wife thought. We were talking about the movie and she said it was terribly depressing because she kills herself at the end.

I didn’t see it that way at all. To be honest, I didn’t really give it much thought at all and figured it was lazy writing and a cop-out ending. (David Lynch has ruined all movies for me, unfortunatly) Guess you can read into it what you want.

Decent movie. I enjoyed Enid’s nice rack. :wink:

The scenes at Josh’s work (the frozen yogurt place) were filmed in a strip mall at the corner of La Brea and 9th in Los Angeles, if you’re ever interested in making a pilgrimage. :wink:

The crazy exterior color was selected specifically for the filming and has been left exactly as seen in the movie. The interior scenes were filmed in the convenience store there, which was slightly altered to make it more like a frozen yogurt stand and less like a convenience store.

Awesome, I’ll check it out. Thank you.

Both Thora Birch and Scarlett Johansson are incredibly hot.

For some reason, I thought it was a gas station. Even though now that I think of it, there weren’t any gas pumps. Sometimes I miss things like that.

I think it’s too bad that they seemed to cut out any scenes dealing with Rebecca’s grandmother (Rebecca lived with her grandmother). I remember in the book, Enid is over at Rebecca’s and the grandmother is watching some weird TV show and Enid is like, “She actually likes this?” And Rebecca says, “She watches it all the time.” Well, it was slightly funnier in the book, as I don’t have it with me at the moment.

To briefly hijack. I’m curious about the partially-human beings?

You’re Dr. Moreau, aren’t you? :smiley: