Ghosts say “Boo!” and we do too! (October mini-rants)

Toilet spray is something I endorse. I usually keep some kind of deodorizing spray in the bathrooms at home.

Is unscented an option?

As if your neighbors don’t already know what’s going on when you’re walking your dog?

If you plan it right, you can get the bags to match your dog’s name:

Cinnamon
Chocolate
Daisy
etc.

Still vacillating where I stand with pet breath spray.

I’m still looking for that gag can of toilet spray air freshener that’s really a disguised air horn. Set it out right before the party starts and wait for the fun.

Your eyes may stay slightly open while you sleep - mine drift open a bit and then I did chemo which made it infinitely worse I picked up a pair of goggles to sleep in, a quick squirt of dry eye drops, and off to sleep I go. They are surprisingly comfortable.

My front door lock is jamming up. Last night I was barely able to pull the key out of it. Clearly, lubrication was necessary. All authorities seem to believe that oil or any kind of liquid is bad for locks, because it attracts dirt, and oil could gum up the works after awhile. The thing to use is fine graphite powder.

Ha! But try to find the stuff. My local Home Depot was supposed to have just three tubes of the stuff, but after spending nearly half an hour with a friendly old fart who looked up the exact location in the store, there was none to be found. I even asked about ordering one in, but the computer wouldn’t let him – after all, the all-knowing computer was reporting that the store already had three of them!

I managed to pop into a nearby Canadian Tire auto store just before Sunday closing, and they had lots, but as is typical of CT, they cost about 50% more. But at least I had it. Squirted some in the door lock as soon as I got home, and the lock is instantly smooth as silk. Graphite is amazing stuff, and it doesn’t evaporate or gum up.

The preceding was a Wolfpup public service announcement, provided at no cost in the public interest.

I ate at Craker Barrel yesterday. They sold Pumpkin Spice soda. I’ve tried corn-flavored soda. I’ve tried pb+j soda. I passed on pumpkin spice.

Just yesterday, I saw an interesting flavor on offer for Coca-Cola: peach. Have you tried that? I didn’t get it because my wife insists I only get the zero-calorie sodas.

Yes, in scented is an option, same price.

I haven’t seen it. I don’t think I’d buy it because I don’t like peaches.

I don’t think I’ve ever had peach-flavored anything that was worth a damn. Ice cream with actual peach bits is probably OK.

Coca Cola needs to work on getting my Vanilla Coke Zero back on the shelves, not coming up with crappy new flavors that nobody asked for and nobody wants.

Although it could be worse – it could be Pumpkin Spice Coke!

Methylphenidate- An Update

I was cleaning out my reusable shopping bag (Philly has a ban on plastic bags) prior to going to the pharmacy to see if my meds were ready. It turns out that they gave me the methylphenidate on Friday. I’ve been a zombie these past two days for nothing.

True, but who really wants to see it?

Early AM trip to the loo, it’s dark and I stepped on something small and round. I bent over to look closely at it and thought damn cat dropped a turd, until I saw the beady eyes of a mouse face, just the tiny head. The cat leaves behind the head and an organ the color and shape of a garbanzo bean. Nothing else, a clean kill but still why on my new carpet?

I’ve encountered this a few times, and used WD-40 without a problem.

it might be in a “freestyle” machine at various places … i wish they’d make everyone put one of those in … there’s a burger place that has one and there are flavors of soda that was only in a few places or haven’t been sold in 20 years… it was so popular they made a rule that you couldn’t use it unless you spent a certain amount …

'Cause crap smells like … … CRAP. :flushed: