Ghosts say “Boo!” and we do too! (October mini-rants)

Continuing the discussion from Ba-dee-ya, Rantin' in September (monthly mini rants):

I’ll start off by saying that I’m flying out of the devastation of killer hurricane Ian with only a few hours of sleep. It means I’ll get a lot of sleep on the plane probably, but going through an airport so zonked is no picnic.

Nice title! A tiny rant before I sleep. Why, when its time to go to bed, does my eye get dry?
I cannot sleep unless I’m horizontal.

Glad to hear you’re getting out of there. Ian was no joke…

I just bought more dog poop bags from Amazon. They are scented. I got baby powder, but lilac was also an option.

Scented poop bags….WHY?

Dang, I wanted to start this month’s thread so I could call it “Pumpkin Spiced Mini Rants.” But since the thread has already been started, I’ll just go ahead and rant about how everything seems to be “pumpkin spiced” in October. And not only that - like most holidays these days, they’re getting an earlier start every year. I think I started seeing pumpkin spiced stuff shortly after Labor Day this year.

Do they have pumpkin spiced poop bags? :stuck_out_tongue:

It would not surprise me. The pumpkin spice lobby is powerful.

Lavender, Brazilian Mango, Cucumber, Talcum Powder.

But why? It’s a bag-o-shit and smells like it. “Sniff…sniff… is that dogshit I smell or cucumber?”

Almost.

There’s pumpkin spice dog shampoo, pumpkin spice canine cologne, and oh yes - a pumpkin spice poop bag dispenser.

Scented is pretty pointless. I bought some once that ended up being translucent. That’s a nice thing to carry around the neighborhood on a walk. “Look what I have!”

The thread titie is making me feel ranty.

“…it was the Boogeyman…”

“As a matter of fact… it was.”

That’s a good one, better than mine.

They’re both good!
uh oh, I said something nice in the pit🤯

Hurry up and tell us to fuck off!!!

I’ll get British and say Sod off wanker!

Truly. Whatever they use to scent these (and trash bags, too) smells worse than the contents.

I buy poop bags off Amazon for our dog but they aren’t scented. They’re solid blue in color, come in a very handy dispenser (that tears off the bag as you pull it out, really handy) and you get a giant supply under $20 that lasts more than a year.

Scented poop bags are a really dumb idea. You’re just going to throw it away immediately anyway. Hopefully into a covered can. It’s like scented toilet paper; who are you trying to impress?

It seems like the kind of thing that might appeal to someone who has never used them before, until they actually put them to use and learn that it’s useless. (Worse than useless; you’re putting up with whatever nasty floral perfume scent they’re putting out in addition to a poop smell.)

Ok. The buses run every 2 hours on Saturdays. But theres a separate one that makes a short trip to a shopping area and then returns.
I take the regular, and instead of taking an hour to shop, I take 35 minutes and take that one back.
Never showed up. I waited an hour for the regular one and told her.
She talked to the driver who said they were unaware.
Really? You are given that route, you think someone would instruct you what your route entails.

It’s only fair at this point that I speak up in defense of toilet spray, especially handy when you’re just starting to see someone. The implication of course being that once things aren’t so “new”, well, then…
…oh forget it…