Give it your worst shot

We all like to show our best side to the world, right? We all like to put our best foot (and face) forward, correct? And so the pictures we share of ourselves are the ones we find most flattering.

But then there are those other photos… You know the ones I mean. The ones that you’d like to tear into 37 pieces, simmer in acid, and bury under skunk cabbage in the middle of a moonless night.

Oh, yeah, you have 'em, I know you do. The ones you cringe at whenever anyone hauls them out.

GIVE. Lemme see 'em. Put your worst foot (the one with the clown shoe) forward. Reveal the image that frightens the horses and gives small children enduring nightmares.

Here. I’ll lead the way.* Who’s got the guts to follow?

• Warning: Post-surgery GAK-ness.

Aw, who could follow that one? I mean . . . really.

(Not that I don’t have some really unflattering photos.)

Somewhere I have a picture from when I was a teenager…not my most flattering time period, anyway. I had been cleaning my room and was all sweat and oily hair. And my mom sneaked into my room, called my name, and snapped the picture as I looked over my shoulder at her. With my mouth open and my eyes half closed like I was stoned. Yech.

I don’t have it online, but I have one picture I can think of off the top of my head.

In it I’m standing at the top of a pass and behind me is a valley. I haven’t had a shower in 3 days and I’m in shorts and this big fleece jacket with a hat on and my hair going everywhere below the hat. This was at summer camp and we were on a 5 day hike. I look really bad in it, but that picture (and the one taken after it of the valley itself) remind me of summer. I thought I’d die in the mountains, but I made it through and learned some things about myself.

I really need to get the picture of the valley blown up so I can put it on my wall. It’s a nice picture.

Ok, I’ll play! This is a picture of me and my best friend- drunk as all hell at about 3-4am. Pretty damn unflattering, but more so, super funny. I’m the one on the right.

Let me try this one more time

Alright… I cant seem to do anything this morning… Its picture # 7 (so trashed)

I got rid of it, but there was a picture of me sitting on a piano bench with a kid on either side. It was taken from the back when I was about 30 or 40 pounds heavier than I am now. Hoo boy.

My mother even apologized when she gave it to me. (The kids looked very cute.)