Give me your favorite gin cocktail recipe!

I cannot order the Cape Saint Blaize. I was momentarily excited, but now realize that US import restrictions kill all my joy. I have written the distillery just in case there’s an option I haven’t found.

The gin fizz has been mentioned, but I do it a little more simple.
1oz gin
1oz simple syrup
1oz lemon juice
egg white

• dry shake to get the egg all frothy
  • add ice, shake again
  • strain into glass
    1 oz soda water
  • stir
    Enjoy!

I feel your disappointment. It’s possible there’s some US reseller?

Choose a glass of the desired size. Add ice. Fill with gin.

Of course, that sort of attitude may have something to do w/ my having been sober these past 17 yrs! :smiley:

One full shot glass of Bombay Sapphire. One cap full of vermouth. One toothpick with a speared large green olive. Gently swirl the drink 2 or 3 times with the toothpick/olive. Voila! :slight_smile:

Pink gin: Dutch gin on the rocks with a dash of bitters

For a simple twist on the G&T, use Tanqueray Rangpur gin.

I’m a bit surprised nobody’s mentioned the venerable old Tom Collins. Surprisingly refreshing and a classic gin drink.

2 oz gin
1 oz simple syrup
3/4 to 1 oz lemon juice

Carbonated water.

Shake together the gin, syrup and lemon, then strain into a highball glass filled with ice, and top off with carbonated water.

Ends up basically being a fizzy lemonade with gin.

Two that I’ve been making frequently here in humid, hot South Florida:

Bee’s Knees

• 2 oz. gin
  • 3/4 oz. lemon juice
  • 1/2 oz. honey syrup
    Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon twist

White Lady

• 1-1/2 oz. gin
  • 3/4 oz. lemon juice
  • 1 oz. Cointreau
    Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with orange twist
    (Note: the recipe on liquor.com includes egg whites, and has a higher proportion of gin than this recipe. I can’t remember where I got this version, but it works for us so it’s the one I’m sticking with :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

They’ve got similar citrusy flavor profiles, and are nice and refreshing in summer. I’ve been using Hendricks Gin because it’s a little “gentler” than some others, and my wife isn’t big on the more robust gins out there. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

My favorite gin drink is one from the 1800s, the Bijou. Historically, it’s one part gin, one part Chartreuse, one part sweet vermouth, with a dash of orange bitters. There are modern versions where you dial back the Chartreuse and vermouth, but I think that is the work of heathens.

… the Bijou is one of those full-flavored cocktails that defined drinking in the late 19th century, with the kind of big, elaborate character that fell out of favor once vodka martinis and Bud Light came to dominate the bar.