Give me your favorite gin cocktail recipe!

I have amassed a considerable collection of gins and use them almost exclusively to make gin & tonics. There’s only so much variety you can tweak into a G&T however. So, help me out. What’s your favorite gin cocktail?

I like me a nice Gin Buck. Gin, ginger beer/ale and a splash of citrus. My go-to right now is Fever Tree Ginger Beer.

I like one called a Jasmine:

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 ounces gin
  • 3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/4 ounce Campari
  • 1/4 ounce Cointreau (or more, to taste)

Directions

Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake well for 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass; garnish with a lemon twist.

the Artillery
1 1/2 Ounces Gin
1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste sweet vermouth
Splash(es) of Angostura bitters
Ice, shaker, serve
Sometimes I add a splash of absinthe. I’m sure this has a real name and that our name for it is used for another drink, but we call it The Absinthe-Minded Professor
Can also store your gin for you if that’s a problem. Warning: it will evaporate in our cellar

Years ago I used to make something called a Bombay Cooler. Put a shot of gin in a tall glass, add ice and fill the rest of the glass with sparkling lemonade. Very similar to a Tom Collins.

Obviously, multiple brands, but do you have multiple styles of gin?

This guy, Glen And Friends* has a big interest in turn of the last century cocktails and he really likes gin.
*YouTube’s search sucks but it will get you started.

The Ramos gin fiz is my favorite gin cocktail. I’m a sucker for egg white cocktails in general but all of the citrus notes really work well with the foam and make it a perfect summer drink.

2 oz gin
3/4 oz simple syrup
1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 oz cream
1 egg white
3 dashes orange blossom water
Soda water / seltzer / sparkling water

These look very interesting. I shall commence to experimenting soon, meaning tonight. I’m still on the coffee portion of the day.

Yes, indeedy. I don’t care as much for the London-style dry gins, but I have some. I lean towards the botanical-forward gins, in general. I’d like to try more international gins but for some reason (US tariff related I’m sure) they’re very hard to get.

Negronis and martinis are the only two gin drinks I have with any sort of regularity. Negroni season is just about over so all that sweet vermouth is going into manhattans now.

I will have to try a negroni.

That depends as much on the variety of tonics you have available as it does the gin variety you have. Have you tried an elderflower tonic?

G&Ts are my favourite, and I love a martini, but others I like include Singapore Slings (soooo many variants!), the Bramble (although made with a local youngberry liqueur not crème de mure ) and my own variant of the Bramble in a taller glass topped up with lemonade.

I do have a variety of tonics. :slight_smile:

I will check into the bramble and the singapore sling.

I’m a fan of the Martinez, which is a sort of proto-Martini, but with sweet vermouth. It calls for Old Tom gin, but it works fine with regular old London Dry.

From here…

1 1/2 ounces gin
1 1/2 ounces red (sweet) vermouth
1 teaspoon Maraschino liqueur
2 dashes orange bitters
orange (or lemon) zest, for garnish

1. Add the gin, sweet vermouth, Maraschino and orange bitters to a mixing glass.

2. Fill the glass partially with ice and stir the drink vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds.

3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Twist a strip of orange zest over the top, drop it in, and serve.

I extend my negroni season into winter by switching to an Old Tom gin (Barr Hill), substitute Suze for Campari and use either white vermouth or stick with the traditional sweet vermouth. Apply bitters, orange peel and splash of seltzer to taste.

I have this coming sometime this week, I’m wondering what the Oceanic will be good with…guess I’ll have to experiment.

I’m ordering that.

This one has a whole lot of marketing on its site, but the gin is really good. It also has an “oceanic” theme.

Enjoy having a taste of my homeland, a lot of the botanicals they use are endemic (although if you’ve ever had rooibos tea, you’d already have an idea of it)

Land whales? :no_mouth:

I’d buy that for the bottles alone. Though the gin sounds spectacular.

The bottles are awesome, they make them on-site as well, in a social development program. They’re surprisingly lighter than glass.