Given the chance to relive any day of you life, which would you choose?

…and what would you do, if anything, to change things?

Just in case anyone demands rules, criteria, and guideslines, here’s an incredibly stupid setup. It involves a certain diseased maniac, so I’ll spoiler box it out of mercy.

Taking the Obama victory as a signal that the forces of evil are weaking, a group of brave Dopers led by Silver Tyger Girl decides to take out that sick bastard Fabulous Creature. They are victorious, forcing him to retreat to Brigadoon while weeping and yelling, “I shall be avenged!”

Inventorying FC’s massive supply of fantasy gizmos, STG discovers a room filled with devices FC planned on junking, as they had no evil application. One of these is the Orb of Do-Overs. It allows the user to travel once and only once to any day during his or her lifetime and to relive it, surrounded in a Quantum-Leap-style aura that makes everyone in the past see the user as his or her previous self. The the Orb requires the person to state the purpose for the ahead of time, and will refuse to accommodate any evil or even violent plan; it will also yank the user back after 24 hours in the past, and sooner if the user tries to do anything evil once in the past. When sent backwards, you will always arrive in the place of the person you were on a given date.

There, you have rules, if you really insist on them. Where and when do you go, and what do you do?

I would send myself back to a certain day in summer 1984, when I was on the verge of asking a certain woman out, and chickened out. I found out later that we would have gotten along very well, even religiously.

Note: I really need to figure out which day in 1984…

I figure anybody with a portable to Brigadoon and multiple time-travel devices lying around has got to to have a postcognition viewer too. Unfortunately, as there is no transchronoal version of Google, your search may takea while.

The day the stock market sunk in 1986 (?). I would have taken the advice of a friends dad and invested.

Heavily.

( in Microsoft, then with that pile of money, I’d invest in Google and Apple.)

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn’t I get that day over and over and over… "

— Bill Murray, Groundhog Day