Glaizers - Is This possible/What's it Worth (GQ + IMHO)

I bought a wreck of a house with some strange “accessories”. Among them is a wall in the family room which is mirrorred floor-to-ceiling. Yes, really - somebody heard that a mirror makes a room look larger, so they did the obvious.
Of the four sheets, I have three off with only one dinged corner. Being cheap idiots, the stuff was put up with inferior adhesive, and breaks loose easily.

First, given that this stuff has dried adhesive blobs on it, would it be of any economic value? Double thickness second-surface, no separation or other defects except one hole for a light switch and two for outlets (yes, with mirror plates for them).

Secondly, could a glazier cut and polish the edges of a couple of pieces *on site *- I have a couple of bathrooms to remodel, and wall mirrors might be handy.

I can’t imagine anyone would want to touch it. Old glass can get a bit squirrely - leave it alone, and it’s fine, but it often doesn’t cut as easily or as cleanly as fresh glass. I used to work at a framing shop and new glass was wicked sharp, dangerous to touch on the edges and utterly easy to cut - you could just about drag a fingertip along the surface and snap it. Glass that had been on hand for a few months was not as sharp and to cut, you’d need to press a bit harder.

Aside from that, trying to remove the old mastic without damaging the silvering is chancy at best.

Thanks!

So much for retiring in comfort from the proceeds…

At this point, a curiosity: can the guy in the truck polish an edge on the spot? For that matter, how DO you get the edge nice and rounded over?

The ground edge is made by running the glass, standing on edge, through a grinder that is cooled by a water bath, the machine is not portable. A very rough job can be done with a hand held belt sander but the quality will likely be poor.

And as gotpasswords says, old glass is very iffy to cut. Cutting glass is really just making a controlled break along a line. With old glass the line is hard to establish and the break may run in any direction.

Thanks!

The situation may force an experiment - finally broke the last sheet free, but, as it abuts the corner, I can’t get a hand on that side, and I no longer have the strength to move it by grabbing only one edge.
I do have a 4’ steel rule and clamps and a glass cutter (the 6" model with the little wheel. No kerosene, though.
Might just see if I can cut some shelves from the top…