Glasnost Mafia

Out. But it sounds interesting; please spoil me.

The tie-resolution mechanic can be simplified by one coin. All heads / all tails in 4 flips is a 2 in 16 chance, equal to the probability of all heads in 3 flips, or a roll of 1 on 1d8.

If you’re just teasing me about this I will so vote for you right out of the gate in the next game we play together.

I’m busy at work right now so I’ll have to pass on this game looks fun though. I think the mad bomber role will be a blast.

Yeah I def want to be the mad bomber.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who looks for all-win technicalities like this.

Indeed. Pleo’s no-vote plan is superior to my thought, which was to have everyone vote him or herself, as that would have involved giving a last-minute unvoter the chance to steal a victory [del]7[/del] 1 time out of 8.

1. Mahaloth
  2. Gadarene
  3. MentalGuy
  4. pedescribe
  5. Suburban Plankton
  6. Wolverine
  7. Idle Thoughts
  8. Drain Bead
  9. Manwich
  10. Astral Rejection
  11. storyteller0910
  12. Tom Scum (correct my spelling will you?)
  13. Pleonast
    14.One and Only Wanderers

**Revised Win Conditions **
Town: You win when all scum are dead, the deranged serial bomber is dead, and at least one Town player is alive.

Scum: You win when half the number of living players is less than or equal to the number of living scum players, the deranged serial bomber is dead and at least one Scum player is alive.

Survivor: You win if someone else who is not the deranged serial bomber wins, and you are still alive OR if you are the only player alive.

Deranged Serial Bomber: You win when everyone is dead OR you and no more than one other player is alive.

Also, Please keep the corrections coming. I beta test like Microsoft.

Personally, I would have changed the lynch tie-breaker to make a mass lynch impossible instead of tweaking the win conditions. Let the players try to go for the all-inclusive win. I can guarantee there’d be defectors before that happens.

I think it’s truer to the mad bomber role for him or her to win alone if everyone is dead.

Personally, I hate ties, and prefer tie breaking mechanisms which have a punitave to all players element in them. Which is why my favorite tie breaker is the “Sudden Death Hammer”. But this is wildy unpopular, and causes much gnashing of teeth.

What is a “sudden death hammer?”

“Golden goal” I think. The next vote for one of the tied player lynches him (or unvote lynches the other). Didn’t you have that in Marvel Civil War (and got a couple of weeks extension on Day One until peeker hammered?)

I’m already in a game so I won’t join.

Been a while, but I’m feeling it. /in

I’m in.

Make sure you really shuffle the deck. Peeker’s Age of Masonry needs to end (assuming he signs up). :stuck_out_tongue:

It already is. He was a vanilla this past game. Maybe you just don’t remember [GLaDDos]because we murdered him[/GLaDDos]

1. Mahaloth
  2. Gadarene
  3. MentalGuy
  4. pedescribe
  5. Suburban Plankton
  6. Wolverine
  7. Idle Thoughts
  8. Drain Bead
  9. Manwich
  10. Astral Rejection
  11. storyteller0910
  12. Tom Scum (correct my spelling will you?)
  13. Pleonast
    14.One and Only Wanderers
  14. Zeriel
  15. ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies

Also sudden death hammer = In the event of a tie, the day continues until the tie is broken, but ends immediately upon the action which breaks the tie. Players seem to hate this, since there isn’t much motivation to switch votes except to end the day.

One vanilla role in a swath does not end an Age :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, fark it i’ll play. i think i am finally caught up in the other two games. i may not be able to recreate the volume of posts achieved in LOTR, however.

<snipped>

i don’t have a problem with this.

OK, I’ll jump in.

I’m hyper-sensitive, so please go easy on me (and please include some happy faces whenever you “bitch slap” me. :eek: )

[gently bitch slaps septimus]

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):slight_smile:
happy to be of service!